cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No need to be malicious....

penguinni
Grafter

No need to be malicious....

I think PNs reply to my point and very minor complaint (or rather statement of opinion)is both unfair and misleading. Any reasonable person reading PNs reply could conclude that the "other reason" referred to for payment not being made on my account was my fault and that my credit card had been declined. This was not the case. I have checked and double checked and funds were always available and no payment was refused for that reason. I am still none the wiser as to why the payment was not taken, why emails were sent,why I was asked to update details, whether the point I originally raised concerning credit card details is or was valid or why PN felt it necessary to reply to my posting in a deliberately ambiguous and disingenuous manner. Rather than explaining privately, could PN please state the reasons in response to this post please?

Deactivated. Then reprieved. Post Reply
I was deactivated today and thought I should highlight a potential problem for other users. My credit card expires at the END of this month and my new card is valid from 1st May. However, my payment was due today and could not be taken by PlusNet as their system shows my card expiring not at the end of April but on the 1st. The option available when supplying your details allows you to enter the month your card expires but by default that is recorded as the 1st. PlusNet did email me advising that my card would not be valid on payment day so I entered my new card details but it wont be valid until after payment is due, hence my deactivation. A quick call to support resolved the problem but it might well affect others.

Incidently when I got back online PN had sent me a stock email mentioning that if payment wasnt made their legal team would be informed.I know its an automated email but I did not apreciate the implied threat of legal action. It was a bit too hasty and just a wee bit heavy handed.

Date: 28/04/2003 23:32:34
Martin Gurney
(saturnnet)

RE: Deactivated. Then reprieved. Post Reply
Now that sort of thing is plain bad manners and unbecoming of a professional organisation!

No doubt you had never given any payment problems in the past either.

I sincerely hope Plusnet moderate this approach before my card changeover date.

Date: 28/04/2003 23:42:26
PlusNet Customer Support
(support)

> I was deactivated today and thought I should highlight a potential problem for other users. My credit card expires at the END of this month and my new card is valid from 1st May. However, my payment was due today and could not be taken by PlusNet as their system shows my card expiring not at the end of April but on the 1st. The option available when supplying your details allows you to enter the month your card expires but by default that is recorded as the 1st. PlusNet did email me advising that my card would not be valid on payment day so I entered my new card details but it wont be valid until after payment is due, hence my deactivation. A quick call to support resolved the problem but it might well affect others.
>
> Incidently when I got back online PN had sent me a stock email mentioning that if payment wasnt made their legal team would be informed.I know its an automated email but I did not apreciate the implied threat of legal action. It was a bit too hasty and just a wee bit heavy handed.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of the problem you experienced. The e-mail you received regarding your payment details expiring was sent in error and the problem that caused this was resolved before your payment was due to go through yesterday. The payment actually failed for another reason, however we can't go into personal account details here. Please raise a Contact Us ticket if you would like more information on this.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Date: 29/04/2003 07:44:43
GA
(longedge)

[snip]
My own experience is that there is no discression whatsoever shown by PlusNet if there's a problem, no matter whether it's your fault or not - the axe falls.....
GA

Date: 30/04/2003 12:46:50
PlusNet Customer Support
(support)

HI GA,

The nature of an automated system is that it doesn't discriminate. We readily ackowledge that our billing system is far from perfect and we are working on an entirely new billing platform which will give us a lot more control over how it behaves.

This should go a long way to stopping problems like this one before it ever becoems an issue.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support

Date: 02/05/2003 14:21:09
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: No need to be malicious....

I agree the "standard Email" response when a card payment fails is very strong and can cause great concern to some people.
I have had such an email, due to my own fault and finger trouble in entering card details. I was somewhat preturbed by this reponse and suggest that +net word the response in a more customer friendly manner. Mistakes can happen !!!

Anyway, card refusal is generally done electronically and no "human" is involved. So it can be a little unfair to blame +net direct when your card provider could be equally at fault. Card payment can fail if the payment period falls outside the card validation date, ie over a 1 month period when the end date is after your card expiry date.
N/A

Thanks Guys,

It might be helpful for me to have a look at a copy of this billing email - could you email it over to iwild@plus.net. If you can include in the subject "Idea 1978" then I can make sure this is pushed to the relevant department for review.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
Saturn
Grafter

That sounds like an encouraging way forward.