cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luck with new free domain

N/A

Fed up and frustrated trying to get my new domain name to work - how do I cancel it??

Or - it may be that I have entered an incorrect password for it - how does one change it??

Thanks magnetman
8 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The domain appears to be setup and working from our side.

Can you give us a little more information regarding the problem? Is the issue mail related, or a problem setting up a site?
N/A

Hi,

It's mail related, presumably I still use the same relay.plus.net and mail plus.net to access mail from the domain??
I expect when I created the domain I have missspelled the password for it, but I am not sure, any advice would be welcome - can the password be changed??

I'm also LAN connecting (not wireless) now using a belkin MIMO G router,( my other computer is wirelessly connected to it)(which seems very slow)are there any changes needed for the login name etc. when using a wireless router??
Thanks in andvance
Community Veteran

There are no login changes needed if you use wireless. It is the router that logs into the PlusNet network which is independent of the method of connection you use to it.

For the email issue try using webmail and login with the details you have setup in your mail client to see if they are correct.

Also remember mail for domains actually gointo your plusnet mailboxes so fred@domain.com actually go into fred@username.plus.com. You also need to login with username+fred and the password you set and not use your domain name to login with.
N/A

Thanks I'll try it - but...how do I reset my password for the domainHuh As I said I think I have misspelled or forgotten it :roll:
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

I'm not sure what you mean here? Your domain won't have a password.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

Not sure what you mean by domain? There are no passwords for a domain, there are passwords for mailboxes, the ccgi and the portal.

If you mean a mailbox password then raise a ticket, but try webmail first with a few passwords.
N/A

Right..

so in the username for webmail,
I put in:

<Username>, then a plus sign <+> and then my <name>
then my <password> that i normally use for webmail under <username>
'
tried that but didn't work, some sort of syntax needed?? :shock:
N/A

Go here