cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email about SUP?

N/A

No email about SUP?

What happened to communications with your customers? At the moment, I am not going over the levels in the SUP, but I have in the past and probably will in the future, so I am an interested party. The only reason I found out about the SUP is from an email from a friend who has been hit with a warning!

Don't fairly major changes to the T&Cs warrant an email to all users? Or would that put their support teams over the transfer limits?

Shouldn't VMU have been updated *before* this went live? When the ill-fated FUP went in, plusNet assured us that it wouldn't take effect until the VMU tool had been properly updated - there is no way to assess your peak usage at the moment if you are running multiple machines.

Doesn't traffic shaping applied to all connections, basically if +net is too busy, warrant some kind of notification?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

No email about SUP?

What happened to communications with your customers?

Good question, I notice they are advertising for a "Marketing Communications Manager" maybe that will improve things and help Neil word what he has to say better :roll:

Don't fairly major changes to the T&Cs warrant an email to all users?

Any change to the terms and conditions warrant an e-mail. However the SUP is not a change to the terms and conditions.

Or would that put their support teams over the transfer limits?

That's why they are so reluctant to send out mass e-mails unless it's advertising ;-)

Shouldn't VMU have been updated *before* this went live?

There are many other threads on this which contain the answer an far more detail than I could explain here.
N/A

No email about SUP?

Any change to the terms and conditions warrant an e-mail. However the SUP is not a change to the terms and conditions.

I don't know, its gone from contention-based limits to hard limits with active traffic shaping - thats a pretty major change to the provided service to be slipped in without an announcement.
N/A

Re: No email about SUP?

What happened to communications with your customers? At the moment, I am not going over the levels in the SUP, but I have in the past and probably will in the future, so I am an interested party.

this is a quote from bbrown from this thread http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33713

The vast majority of our customers however will never need to know about SUP, as their usage is far below the levels in the SUP. Over 90% of our users use less than 10GB a month in total. There is no reason to make these customers aware of the SUP.

Ben Brown
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

No email about SUP?

Thats interesting, because I certainly use more than that - in fact, I am using about 50GB each month, which puts me over the peak rate limit.

A couple of months ago, I was using over 200GB a month. In a couple of months, I might be using 5GB a month or I might be using 150GB a month.

I think I am one of the 10% (plus?) who should have been notified, and I'd guess there are a lot of people in a similar position. Usage patterns shift - its a bit off to say that notifying a couple of people who *right now* are in breach of your policy is enough.