cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No default gateway

N/A

No default gateway

Hi,

Fairly new to plus net and ADSL (formerly used a cable connection).

I've connected up my desktop PC with no problem at all (which is what I'm using now). However I have a work laptop that I'm trying to connect with and although I'm being authenticated (and connection icon shows a state of "connected") I'm not being assigned a default gateway.

I have an IT fella at work looking into it, but he's not quite so familar with plus.net so I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions on config etc for the laptop.

It obviously connects to the corporate network without any problems and I have successfully loaded the driver for the modem I'm trying to use (Voyager 105).

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
4 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

No default gateway

It sounds as though it's not connection properly, I suspect that it may not actually be authenticated but it seems to think that it has.

With the Voyager 105 it should be as simple as installing the drivers, plugging in the modem and putting your username and password in.

It would be worth trying these usernames as a test:

bt_test_user@plusdsl.net

bt_test@startup_domain

Use the password "testing". You won't get any web pages but it should give you an IP address and a default gateway.
N/A

No default gateway

Thanks.

I'll give this a go (may have to be tomorrow now as it is nearing beer o'clock)
Ben_Brown
Grafter

No default gateway

Good luck!
N/A

No default gateway

Got it sorted in the end.

I have some software on my work laptop that appears to have been causing the problem. The software is designed to work with the wireless network in the office, but isn't required at all at home (even when using a wireless network).

"ipunplugged" was the offending program.