cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection!

N/A

No connection!

I have no connection.

My router is attempting to login to the PlusNet service and is failing everytime. Been happening all night!!!!

:x
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

No connection!

Yes I've been getting that lately too. Even had a struggle with my 2nd back-up router.

Eventually (something like 20 minutes later) I got connected but it wasn't worth submitting a support ticket for - they'll take years to respond.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
craiglay
Grafter

No connection!

In what way "no connection"

1. I can sync with the exchange but not authenticate (login)
2. I can sync, authenticate but not browse / download
3. I can't sync at all

Whats your attenuation / SNR margine figures?

Craig
N/A

No connection!

The router is flashing orange, which means it's trying to log in.

Once logged in it normally turns green and i can use the net.

At the minute it flashes orange and then goes off (failing to connect). Leave the router on and it'll do it over and over and over and over again.
Liam
Grafter

No connection!

Hi there,

I can see you started the fault checker, online, but then either didn't finish it - or closed it.

In order to raise this fault through, please could you visit http://faults.plus.net and answer all the questions. We need the answers to these in order to raise to BT.

Once you run through these, we will also provide you with free dialup access whilst the fault is open. Assuming you're using dialup now to post on the forums - this will undoubtedly be helpful for you.

Cheers,
Liam
craiglay
Grafter

No connection!

I assume thats a netgear router.. Just like mine Cheesy

If so...
The flashing orange light is the router syncing with the exchange to find the best speed available. When it turns green, you're synced and you move to authentication with PlusNet. If it is to go out and never turn green, you cannot connect to your exchange and thus PlusNet. This would imply a problem between you and your exchange. What do the routers logs say?

If not... Disregard parts of this and google your router (or see kitz's website)

Craig
N/A

No connection!

Netgear DG-632 i think....

I don't know how to access my router logs, or what they would tell me. :?

And yeah, i tried the fault checkers thingy-me-bob but it wants me to do some checks i haven't got the time to run through at the minute. Will try later on this evening.
craiglay
Grafter

No connection!

If you log in to your router, there should be a menu option Logs. If you were to copy / paste this onto here then it may give us a clue whats going on.

Craig
N/A

No connection!

Can't find anything in the Menu for Logs.

I got the Netgear Dg-632 running in modem mode...
N/A

No connection!

At the minute it flashes orange and then goes off (failing to connect). Leave the router on and it'll do it over and over and over and over again.

Good luck, I have had this problem randomly for over two weeks, my bRAS has been reduced to 128k from 6500k. It took seventeen days to get Plusnet to raise a fault with BT, with a bit of prodding in this forum along the way.

Still waiting for a resolution...
Liam
Grafter

No connection!

One thing to try. Take the router to the master socket of the house, and plug in here. Remove everything else from the line and any other extensions - including phones, faxes etc.. etc..

If you want to eliminate all internal wiring completely, then some master sockets allow you to unscrew the front faceplate - and behind this you will find a little test socket to test from.
N/A

No connection!

Would trying another Modem, (my BT Vogager modem PlusNet sent me) eliminate the possibility of it being the Netgear knackered?
Liam
Grafter

No connection!

Yes, it would, if it works.
N/A

No connection!

I have in the past had a netgear DG834G go sick.
Worked fine for a year or two, then started to show lower and lower throughputs. (No obvious reason why it had gone poorly)

Naturally I blamed PN initially, but tested with two spare USB modems, and both returned the speeds I was expecting.

Got a new router and hey presto - back to normal service. Cheesy

I hung onto the old one hoping that I could find some time to play around to see if I'd ended up with a dicky firmware or some other problem in the setup, but not managed to get any sensible throughput on it since. Cry