cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection post LLU. POlicy of LLU reversal?

N/A

Another customer here who's had no broadband connection at all since being LLUd 2 weeks ago. Was told in advance but not given a chance to opt out. Gone through the tests but no meaningful response; none at all for 5 days.

It does appear I will now at least be credited for downtime, not sure why I had to hunt for this in the service status notes rather than being emailed this rather important bit of news!

My understanding (and I've not really kept abreast of the issues since I had no problems at all for a year and a half) is that I can't now move freely to another supplier as very few support LLU (anyone able to point towards a list?). So is there a policy on reversing the LLU so I can then choose any supplier? This would seem to be the obvious course of action.

Ref Q 11981604.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hoping that someone at PN will respond to this question.

Will you migrate me back from LLU to allow me a free choice of ISP supplier?
N/A

I'm in the same position as you, although i wasn't informed of the move to LLU until after it had happened and i had no connection. I would have opted out of the move given the chance and would jump at the chance to move back.It's been 2 weeks now and no meaningful communication, if anyone would like to help, my ticket number is 19979053 but i won't hold my breath.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

PlusNet's exact policy on this seems to be unclear, when they started forcing people over to LLU with no opt-out or trial MAC system (at the time) it was said on here that no-one would be finanically disadvanted should they wish to move. This would imply of course that this would apply to somebody who wanted to move ISP's if their post-LLU connection was working fine.

Now the policy seems to have changed, it seems to apply now only to people who have mistakenly been moved after opting out or who have persistent connection problems. Exactly how long you have to wait without a connection for the latter to apply is a good question...?
N/A

Well, my ticket has been commented
With regards to moving you back to LLU, this is something that we can look at if the fault drags on for an extended period, but as per the update to your other question Tiscali believe that they have resolved the problem and its now a case of having you retest things.

Still no connection, and this implies PN do not consider 16 days as an extended period of downtime... :shock:
N/A

Would anyone from PN like to let us know what an extended period is ? I agree 16 days is what i call an extended period, 1 or 2 days is acceptable.
N/A

I've asked again but have had no further response. Getting close to a month now.