cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection, no customer service.

N/A

I have had no ADSL connection since Satd morning (20.05.06). Customer service phone support (0845-1400200) usually has a bored sounding voice message telling us that the ongoing upgrade is causing "customer confusion".
The one time it didn't cut off I stayed with it for about 40 mins. Boy am I 'confused'! Tried the problem 'wizard': being asked to remove all firewall and virus protection is asking quite a lot (are PN really insured for the possible consequences of that?) but I complied with the various instructions. The promised 2 hours max has now reached about 20 and yes, I have now put the firewall etc back.

I need information and I need it fixed!
Michael Woolley
14 REPLIES
N/A

Best of luck. :?
N/A

you're lucky I have had no broadband for a week and I'm typing this as I wait for customer services to connect 18min so far!!!
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

I have escalated your issue to be tested manually by a faults agent, the ticket will be updated shortly.
N/A

Can you do a manual check without me being connected on ADSL and /or with firewall enabled?
Michael Woolley
Community Veteran

yes they can! I think you have to be disconnected in order to do a line test
N/A

Another day, another nothing. After that sudden flurry of promises there has been nothing. I'm embarrassed I recommended PN to so many people.

Does the anouncement that BT have delayed the implementation of the upgrades to 4th of July mean that people in my position will be left with no ADSL until after that date?

On a tech front, my ADSL light is on steadily but no connect. The previously mentioned promised 2 hour wait for test result is now about 72. The promised manual test must be incredibly labour intensive. I guess the same flexibility must apply to my £22 direct debit payment.
JonathanW
Grafter

This has been passed through to be manually tested, however the team that handles faults is extreamly busy at the moment so things are taking longer than we would like to be tested and then actioned appropriately.

That being said, I've just made sure that our faults team are aware of this ticket so that then can pick it up and run some tests on there for you.
N/A

Another speedy reply posting; if only the rest of the service were as efficient! Any changes to that bored 'I'm not bovvered' customer service phone message?
N/A

Re: No connection, no customer service.

I have had no ADSL connection since Satd morning (20.05.06).

I can sympathise as I have had no ADSL connection for 22 days now (Ticket number 19382345) and not a squeak from PN since the 22nd. I have done everything they requested and more, when will this get dealt with?!?!?!?!?!
N/A

No ADSL

The problem started on 18 May 2006 afternoon. I reported it on 19 May 2006 two more times subsequently. I have even sent a letter to the Director of Customer Services but no result. When I rang last time I had to hold on at least 30 minutes. Useless service and most of the time they cut you off saying all the support staff are busy. It sound like they have got only two staff dealing with support.

They cannot even sort out a simple problem and establish where the problem is. Sorry I got to leave this outfit soon.

Kamal
N/A

Me too

7 days with no internet, no satisfactory response, no feedback, no timeline to a resolution, no identification of the fault and to add insult to injury they're now telling me that there doesn;t seem to be problem !!!!!!!!!
N/A

It's Thursday morning. Another day, no ADSL. All I've had is a message that I should be synching. I'm sinking and PN seems to have sunk! Can this be the way of problem resolution in the 21st century? Drip, drip of a Q&A every few days? I'm away all day today having to do my real job away from being one of the humble PN surfs (non-ASDL surfs). Not possible to make a phone date? I'm back tonight to answer the next question put to me... I'm available for a phone conversation most Friday.

I see my ticket has been "escalated". What was it before? In the bin?
N/A

It's Thursday morning. Another day, no ADSL. All I've had is a message that I should be synching. I'm sinking and PN seems to have sunk! Can this be the way of problem resolution in the 21st century? Drip, drip of a Q&A every few days? I'm away all day today having to do my real job away from being one of the humble PN surfs (non-ASDL surfs). Not possible to make a phone date? I'm back tonight to answer the next question put to me... I'm available for a phone conversation most Friday.

I see my ticket has been "escalated". What was it before? In the bin?
N/A

Well well well. I'm back on! I got an email from PN Technical suggesting I reinstall the ADSL modem; bingo. Sounds too dumb; normally I would have come around to that myself but I assumed my probs were connected to the current PN/BT hiatus. Who knows, maybe that did cause my modem to hiccup? If only PN had got that suggestion to me sooner...
The PN speed test result is 3.07Mbps. I hope that means there is more to come; how does one know if one has been upgraded (sounds a bit Dr Who/Cybermen).
I left that question with tech and will report back here if/when I get a reply. I hope the other people who have shared their woes on this thread are having some luck too... I reinstalled the modem using all the default settings in the 'non advanced' menues.
Cheers,
Michael Woolley