cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection:- is it fair PN still charge for no service?

Tiger50
Grafter

Not sure what you feel about it:-

I feel if we are not getting the service you pay for:- should PN charge you for it?

If I cannot connect to the internet for a day, PN should reduce that months bill by a day...............

Maybe this idea of a fair use policy will make them get their finger out........
59 REPLIES
N/A

Re: No connection:- is it fair PN still charge for no servic

Not sure what you feel about it:-

I feel if we are not getting the service you pay for:- should PN charge you for it?

If I cannot connect to the internet for a day, PN should reduce that months bill by a day...............

They will never do this, because they rely on other companies to provide some of the infrastructure. These 3rd parties provide little or no SLA, so PN can't offer one to their clients.
However, this should only apply to short outages. Where a client has been offline for an entire billing period you have to ask if anyone has actually even looked at the problem, let alone tried to fix it. In these situations, the client should not pay. And this is something the regulator should be looking to address in my opinion.
Tiger50
Grafter

Hi

I understand what you are saying, but look at things this way if you took your car to the garage and had a service, the garage charged you the full price but only did half the service cause they could not get the parts...........would you settle for that?, your contract is with garage not their outlets

I am paying PN for a connection to the internet, my contract is with PN not any other company, and PN should be fulfilling that contract.........

I have lost connection three times over the past months for days at a time, I am using my neighbours network at the moment cause mine is down yet again, I have sent hours, yes hours trying to talk to someone and got one joy, so I leave a msg as asked, NO one got back to me........

I reported through the portal.............again no response...............

The only time I heard from PN was when I asked to leave.........

They said that I was a valued customer...........yer right

Im not the only one to have these troubles read forum...

I use to be proud to belong to PN but it has become shambles..........

People seem to be leaving left, right, and centre..is that the sign of a good isp?
N/A

the garage charged you the full price but only did half the service cause they could not get the parts...........would you settle for that?

Don't see how that works. If a garage do not have the parts in stock, then it is their fault for not ordering parts in when they found there were none left. It's not as though plusnet can ring up and order a new exchange when someone decides to (as happened to the exchange near work) drive a car into it and set it on fire.

Although if we are going down the whole "if..." route. Would you write and claim back a weeks car insurance/road tax, if someone decided to break into and steal your car because you weren't able to drive around in it or if they were resurfacing your street and you couldnt drive out of your driveway?
Tiger50
Grafter

hey stop playing with words, my connection is down and im paying for no connection........simple as Smiley
N/A

PlusNet is liable under contract law. They can in turn claim from their suppliers, but problems with their suppliers are not your problems.

Your contract is with PlusNet. If they fail to provide adequate service for a period then legally you do not have to pay for it - they are in breach of contract. You can also claim any reasonable costs suffered as a result of that breach.

For example, I've been switched to ADSLMax and my connection speed is now slower than dialup. I'll be claiming: subscription charges for the period, fuel costs in travelling to a friend's house to use Internet.

My step will be, once the issue is resolved:
1. Request refund from PlusNet
2. If refund is refused, issue standard Letter Before Action giving them 14 days to reflect on their decision before legal action commences.
3. If not fully resolved, issue a claim in the County Court small claims track, or do it online at http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk.

You can't fail. If any terms in their terms and conditions try to limit your liability, they are unenforceable in court (a consumer contract cannot limit the consumer's legal rights to claim for breach of or inadequate performance of a contract).

If you need help preparing litigation against PlusNet, try:
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Hope that helps.
Tiger50
Grafter

Many thanks for the information Paul, Im not sure whats happing at PN but I think the problem is a lot worse than we will ever know...........

I spoke to two people last night 27/07/06 and both have no internet connection.....same problem as myself.........

I refered these people to PN some time ago.........I feel I have let these people down and in turn PN has let me down..........
N/A

Well I've asked for my money back and threatened to cancel the direct debit so they can't keep taking my money should the problem not get fixed come the next bill.

Any response? Nope, not a single word Sad
Laugh
Grafter

paulcresham: For a first post that's a humdinger!

Round of applause for Paul :lol:
N/A

PlusNet is liable under contract law. They can in turn claim from their suppliers, but problems with their suppliers are not your problems.

Your contract is with PlusNet. If they fail to provide adequate service for a period then legally you do not have to pay for it - they are in breach of contract. You can also claim any reasonable costs suffered as a result of that breach.

It can't be stated much clearer than that Paul. You have done the community a service and I'm sure there will be quite a few who will have reason to thank you in the future. Smiley
Tiger50
Grafter

This is the seventh day of having no internet connection?(3rd loss of service in the last 6 weeks)

What are PN doing?

I am a paying customer (they wont let me have my mac key) does anyone at PN really read these forums.

PN im fed up with your attutide towards me, I kown their are others..........are you listening, are you really trying to keep us as customers...............

If so WHY? dont you sort out the problems............PN is C&*^ .......

Over the past few months you have become the worst, and i mean worst isp I have used..............

Ive have a ticket in for my mac key let me have it so I can move on............

I would NEVER ever recomend your service to another soul, in fact I will do my best to discourage anyone from joining you..................

Your customer service stinks, your service (or shall we say lack of it) sucks........

I thought I would never say this about you PN, but I think you are a bunch of cowboys who are taking my money, and not giving me any sort of service........

If I sound angry im not im bloody mad..................

Either sort out my line or give me the key, but stop messing me about I have had enough............the JOKE has gone far enough.......
shellsong
Grafter

I am a paying customer (they wont let me have my mac key) does anyone at PN really read these forums.

They will give you your MAC key when you pay them any outstanding money, in fact they are not allowed to withhold it from you!
N/A

Plus Net have recently informed me that despite my connection being down for a month through no fault of my own they are still going to charge me because "other services were still available and they provided support to help me with my problem"

So the cut and thrust of that is this month I've paid £30 for Plus Net's customer service....

Not really value for money is it? Evil
Tiger50
Grafter

Shellsong

I do not owe any money, I pay by DD any they can take the money out of my account...............unless you have had the poor service I and others have had you cannot understand how we feel, not being able to get anyone on the phone, tickets not being answered....................still no internet connection for the 7th day, and this is the third time this has happened.

I work in the IT industry and deal with many customers a day, and if we treated our customers like PN treat theirs that are having problems, well they deserve to go down the pan.................

Its the worst shambles, if you could talk to someone on the end of a phone it would take a lot of heat out of the situtation.............but you cannot even do that.

Sorry if I sound mad, but I am....all I want is the service I am paying for, no more, no less, and if PN are having trouble supplying that service they should keep you informed and upto date..........not hide their heads in the sand.......

Is it unreasonable to expect the service you pay for.............
shellsong
Grafter

I don't blame you for getting mad-- if I was in your situation I'd want someone's guts for garters! I hope you manage to get sorted or shot of them soon Wink