cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection for nearly two weeks 20180812

N/A

As it seems going thru the normal support channels elicits no response, and instead the only way of getting an answer is to post on these forums, can someone from support please have a look at Question ID 20180812 and at least tell me what the hell is going on?
13 REPLIES
N/A

OK, so raising a ticket doesn't work, ringing you doesn't work, posting on this forum doesn't work. Hmm, what next? How do your "valued customers" get you to pay attention to our snivelling requests? Maybe if I set fire to myself outside PlusNet HQ? Or a hunger strike? What sacrifice do you require of me o mighty ones? Tell me and it shall be done.
N/A

Know how you feel Paul. I lost my connection about 2 weeks ago too. Not get much useful feedback!
Apparently BT are looking into it and have been for over a week!
Surely PN have a service level agreement with BT. What the hell is it?
can I piggyback and add ticket 20171299?
N/A

Piggyback all you like mate (erm, I think - I hope I'm not inviting anything other than a relationship between our tickets!!). But if I were you I wouldn't want to - I seem to be the invisible man as far as PN support (ha!) are concerned and my cloak of invisibility may fall on your ticket as well.

I'm quite sure PN have a SLA with BT - what concerns me is whether we have one with PN. At the moment, I have no faith whatever they have actually raised it with BT - I only have their word on it and that doesn't seem to count for much.
shellsong
Grafter

Wierd though it may seem I understand that no ISP has a SLA with BT!-- PN doesn't have one with Tiscali either!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I'm quite sure PN have a SLA with BT - what concerns me is whether we have one with PN. At the moment, I have no faith whatever they have actually raised it with BT - I only have their word on it and that doesn't seem to count for much.

Hi,

I've replied back to your ticket, BT have done some work at the exchange and believe the problem to be resolved and it should be working. If not let us know and we can send it back.

Regarding an SLA (and SLG - service level guarantee) this is a little bit more complicated than you would think.

On an individual fault or an individual line there are no SLA's offered on broadband. A broadband service with an SLA would cost many times what they do (leased lines for example are in the £1,000's). The only SLA is an overall SLA on faults as a whole which says that BT will fix a certain percentage of faults within a certain time (I can't remember the specific figures) per month. As such so faults can go outside of the SLA time and they will still hit the SLA.
N/A

Dave, thanks for the reply and (finally) a response on the ticket. But no the fault hasn't been resolved.

By the by, the reason I am so infuriated with the very poor service PlusNet have (not) provided over the past month or so has been the singular lack of response from support/customer services. The fact that it seems the only way of garnering a response is by kicking up a stink on user forums is, it seems to me, symptomatic of the total chaos into which PN support has descended. Not wishing to appear ungrateful for your intervention (I'm very glad you have responded and thank you very much for that), but surely I should have had a response anyway, through the recommended ticket system, without having to resort to ranting on forums?

I'm really sad about this - PlusNet have been great for three years but I, like many others, judge an organisation not by how it does when things are going well but how it handles problems. And PlusNet have been absolutely terrible about handling a series of problems. I didn't know I could actually get this cross about shoddy customer service until I experienced it. I don't think I've ever been treated with so little respect and basic courtesy by any organisation, much less one I'm paying good money to. And that includes several banks!
N/A

Oh, and while you're looking at tickets on a selective "people who shout loudly on forums" basis ( Cheesy ) can you have a decks at my piggy-backing mate happypad's (20171299)? Maybe he'll have more luck than I have?
N/A

Oh, and while you're looking at tickets on a selective "people who shout loudly on forums" basis ( Cheesy ) can you have a decks at my piggy-backing mate happypad's (20171299)? Maybe he'll have more luck than I have?

Thanks for chasing on my behalf Paul, but still no joy here either. Thursday is my 3 week anniversary too :?

Please take a look at my ticket too PN. These issues can't be that hard to fix. It was quicker getting set up initially from no B/B when I became a new customer at the start of the year.
This really isn't good enough!
N/A

I finally got to speak to someone last night. Turns out the trick is to wait till 1.45 am then call the support line - to be fair, the guy I spoke to was very sympathetic and did answer my questions (where he could) and agreed timescales to chase the problem up. So well done Gavin Cox - get the impression (and no he didn't directly say this, despite much badgering on my part before any "toe the line" managers pitch in) that the support staff are just swamped and struggling to cope with the sheer scale of the problems. So, as individuals, they have my greatest sympathy. As a company however .... well, I've still not got a broadband connection and still had to work till the wee small hours because of having to do Remote Desktop over a dial-up line .
N/A

Tried that tactic without success. Phoned at 1am last week where it said waits of upto 10 minutes. After 30 minutes I gave up. Maybe I'll try again later in the week.
By the sounds of it though, its just confirmation that they have a massive workload and just a waiting game still?
N/A

Yup, I reckon you're spot on the money there 'appy. Apparently my issue is now with BT, and they're dragging their feet - although apart from Gavin Cox no-one else at PN seems to be chasing it, and obviously BT won't speak to me so I have to rely on PN support to chase BT up. Seems like the whole industry has bitten off more than it can chew, and just started wildly signing up customers left right and centre without ensuring they have sufficient infrastructure and staff in place to cope with any issues. Which is probably fine for the 90% who don't have a problem, but leaves the rest of us without broadband for weeks on end and just banging our heads against a brick wall in trying to get the problem sorted out. Thoroughly, utterly hacked off with the whole shooting match and completely disillusioned with PN in particular.
James
Grafter

Hi Paul,

I've just checked the fault report, and unfortunately we're still waiting to hear back from BT.
N/A

Very good, very quick off the mark to appear proactive on forums - shame you lot (and by this I don't mean you personally James, I don't know you and for all I know you're constantly tearing round like a blue-bottomed fly, fighting the good fight for customers) aren't a bit more proactive in actually tackling the issues themselves. Because if you were actually on top of this, instead of just firefighting in the forums, you'd know that about an hour after your post, BT rang to arrange an engineer to call on Thursday (which will be over two weeks of no connection). Just think how proactive you could have looked then if you could have followed up with posting that.

<Takes sarcy hat off>

Look, I'm sorry if I seem like I'm having a go at you personally, I'm not. I'm sure you and the rest of the PN support staff are doing the best you can under impossible circumstances. But I find it infuriating that at a time when you clearly aren't coping with the basic support function, your time which would be better spent actually resolving the problems is being used instead to damp down flames on forums. Unless of course you're not actually from Tech Support but a secret marketing flunky deployed to head off the unruly peasants ;-)

And yes I do realise I am to some extent adding to/causing the problem by posting here. But then I'm only following a well-worn path pointed out by others - that your "normal" Tech Support route has all but collapsed and the only way it seems of getting any help at all is by kicking up a fuss on here. That's akin to a "he who shouts loudest gets served first" mob mentality and it's not what I and the many hundreds/thousands of other utterly fed-up PN customers are paying for.

As I say, please don't take offence as this is directed at the way Tech Support is being run (or not) within PlusNet, not at individual support ops who I'm sure, as I said earlier, doing the very best they can under more or less impossible circumstances.

Sadly that noble effort doesn't make me any less hacked off with PN as a company and it's appalling treatment of loyal (getting on for 3 years) customers