cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection for 6 days, no reply from Plusnet

N/A

Raised a query with +net about my connection last Tuesday, I have had no connection since last Saturday. The connection just stopped. Did all the automated tests as requested by useing a friend broadband connection, and the result was a fail. Automated response to this fail, was that the query was being escalated. Not heard a dickey bird from +net since.
We have completed testing of your broadband service. The results indicate that the fault may be caused by a problem with our systems. More information may be available on our Service Status page. Please check Service Status. If there is no service-wide problem reported on Service Status, we will provide an update when we have more information.

How long does it take. +net to answer.

I came to +net on a recommendation, have I done right. Is this the standard of customer care that one can expect when things go wrong?
Evil
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Hi there,

What problems is it your having with your internet? we might be able to help you here
N/A

Are you still able to synchronise with the exchange?
tiffer
Grafter

The modem will not synchronise with the exchange. The light is blinking all the time. I have tried other Usb modems. Same problem. Some times the error on the modem software is, No ADSL line. There must be a problem at the exchange.
All I am asking is for +net to keep me informed about what is happening.
I do not expect there to bre a quick fix if there is a problem at the exchange, just to know that the problem is being delt with.
tiffer
Grafter

I am useing my friends connection and account,. as you can see he is not haveing a problem. He is on the same exchange.

Cwrtcolman
N/A

If you aren't even syncing, then it suggests a problem with either your internal wiring, the cabling on route, or an exchange problem, or probably even a duff modem.

Have you tried plugging your modem directly into the test socket behind the master, as shown here

Also might be worth trying a different modem if you can (maybe your friend will be kind enough) Smiley
N/A

I have done everything I can think of. Master socket, new modems, new cables. Still no connection. Light on modem still blinking, same errors, no ADSL or No synk.

+net still have not come back to me. Have they all left the country. Just some feed back from them would help. They were a very good isp, so I was told, that's why I signed up. Starting to wish I had not . The support is not very good. I will not recommend +net to anybody after this experience. I must look at the terms of the contractt.