cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection for 2 days - HELP ME

N/A

Sometime on Tuesday afternoon in the middle of a betfair bet (which I should have closed off) my internet connection dropped out. Waited for a while and tried reconnectiing then bounced my router then tried unplugging all my phones and connecting then tried switching off my router for 30 minutes. All of the above failed. My username is chawla, anyone know of any reason why I would be punished with such a large and distressing period of downtimeHuh?
19 REPLIES
N/A

I know most people wont expect hardware to fail, but mine has many times. try another router/modem. might be your hardware..

If not leave plus around 10,000,000 tickets. they might reply to one... some day...
shellsong
Grafter

Does your router have any Diagnostics routine available or a logfile to give some indication as to what the trouble might be?
N/A

It's a Linksys (wag54 i think), will have a look when I get home and see if there is a diagnostics mode.
shellsong
Grafter

Do you know whether it's v1 or v2-- there's a big difference between them!
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I've had a look at your account and can't see any reason for this.

Does your hardware have the sync light on?, this could be labelled DSL, Sync or Link and should be solidly lit.
N/A

did you lose sync?
N/A

I was off for 10 days recently - nothing to do with my equipment and accordong to CS I was the only person in the country experiencing this particular problem. So maybe this is another, one person, PN outage Evil
N/A

sync light comes on when I restart the router but then flashes a few times and then goes out, i'm planning on getting a new router this weekend to see if it is a hardware issue, if the new one does not work I will post and let you all know.

ps thanks for all the help.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

Once you've tried a new piece of hardware let me know if it's still not working and we will investigate further for you.
rafael
Grafter

I too cant get betfair sports market to load.
I have reset the router a number of times. I have even had a friends laptop round and his one didnt connect either (he can at home).

Could it be the broadband line?
Any advice much appreciated.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

What browser are you using and where is the page failing? I just tried it out and it seems OK (tried to put a bet on the De La Hoya fight but don't have an account with them any more so can't check that it was actually accepted).

Do you notice any problems with any other sites or anything else at all. It's unlikely to be a broadband problem and more likely some kind of software or setting problem (don't suppose you have any parental control software on the router?).
rafael
Grafter

HI there

I will have to check the parental control. But I dont think so.
I only fails on the sports link.
If you go to betfair.com the page loads, but when you click on sport. It takes about 30 secs then displays
"internet explorer cant display the page"

I will have a look at this parental control and also look at java to see if it is installed correctly. All other websites are fine.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Going directly to the sports link isn't working here at the moment either, although you can get there via other links on the page and these work fine.
rafael
Grafter

I will check the other links.
I think I remember trying it last time and it still didnt work. But I will try it, and report back.