cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No change in stable rate for over 3 days but router syncs

N/A

Hi all. My stable rate was set at 5500 with my old XModem M3. (6720 kbps modem connected at). However, i changed my router to a new DG834g ver 3 and for the last 3 days i have constantly synced at 7488kbps (showed on router status page). I thought that this should trigger an increase in my stable rate to approx 6500 and not the 5500 that it has remained at.
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

How far over 3 days is it? I've seen several increases but it can happen at any time after the 3 days so if you're only over 3 days by a few hours give it until the end of the 4th day and it should have done it (it can take 12 hours from updating on the backend systems to filter all the way through to the portal).
N/A

just over the 3 days. I will give it a little longer before raising a ticket.

Many thanks
Community Veteran

Don't hold your breath.

My router continually syncs above 7000kbps but the plusnet setting decreased to 6500kbps some time ago.

Despite this drop my download speeds have only once gone above 5000kbps.

What you sync at and the speed you get can be two very different things. I've had one Cs agent tell me i should get speeds closer to the full sync rate and others say not.

It's hard to workout just what speeds a person should get. To top it all bt have said anything above 400kbps listed as acceptable!

The potential is there but it's been a bit of a damp squib in many quarters.

A
N/A

89 hours and still on 5500.