cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband connection

N/A

No broadband connection

Hello,

I have been unable to connect to the internet or get my emails via Outlook today on either laptop or desktop. My plusnet broadband was working fine last night. I cannot see a problem on the service status. Is anyone else unable to connect.

This has happened before and eventually everything comes good but not today.

Any advice, other than turning everything off and then on?

Cheers
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

No broadband connection

Information I'm seeing at this end is suggesting that the password you have been entering is incorrect.

Can you double check that you are using the correct one?
N/A

No broadband connection

It worked you are a legend!

Strange thing is that I was asked to change my passwords weeks ago with the security breach message that went around, obviously forgot that one. But it is only now that I have been locked out of the connection. Any comments?
James
Grafter

No broadband connection

No idea at all Smiley

If this had been the first time that you had reconnected since, then that would make sense, although I doubt that you have gone this far without needing the reconnect to the internet.
bill
Grafter

No broadband connection

I was unable to connect to the internet all morning (the first time this has happened in my 18 months with Plusnet) so at 13:40 this afternoon I called Support and was connected to an advisor almost straightaway. The advisor talked me through a variety of tests in a clear, precise manner which I found easy to follow. Satisfied that the fault was between the exchange and my equipment he asked me to leave everything connected for the next 24 hours to facilitate BT checks; also to contact Support if my connection returned in the next few hours.
At 17:12 the steady lights on my router started flashing, then stabilised and everything was back to normal.

I know, from this forum, that faults are not always so readily corrected but I found the service to be excellent on this occasion. Thank you Support for your help and friendly manner.