cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No adsl service for 5 days

N/A

Hi, has anyone else been experiencing problems with their service since just before the weekend? I'm in the Sheffield area and have totally lost synch since last Thursday.

It just looks like i have absolutely no adsl signal. No synch hunting on my router. Anyone else experienced this. I've lost it before but has usually come back within a day.. v.poor.

Rich
12 REPLIES
N/A

hmmmmm

within seconds of posting that i get the email:

As part of our commitment to providing the best value broadband experience, we have now successfully moved your broadband service to our alternative broadband network.

You should see no change in your service and you don't need to change any settings or your hardware, your broadband will simply continue to work as normal.

Thank you for your continued custom.

Kind regards,

Force9 Customer Support
http://www.force9.co.uk

"I should see no change?" does that mean it'll still be broken when i get home?
N/A

With luck, you'll beat my 6 weeks record. And Support will stop answering your questions. But Accounts will still take the money.
N/A

fingers crossed...
JonathanW
Grafter

If you've totally lost sync, I'd suggest trying your equipment directly into the BT master socket with nothing else on the line. Also check your settings, and ensure that you're using PPPoA with an encapsulation setting of VCMUX.

If none of this resolves the issue for you, then visit http://faults.force9.net and run through the trouble shooter there to raise it through to our faults team.
N/A

There were issues and maintenance on Friday evening (I call it maintenance, but I had no net connection for 5 hours, there were actually notices on the phone answer machine giving the description of the issue etc, but that still didn't allow me to speak to anyone).

This has meant that whilst you can connect, you can't identify or receive an IP and browse etc (if I were at home, I could give more technical detail at what it wasn't doing). I have had this randomly happen through the weekend and last night, plus a fair few times prior to this.

Having already got my router into the master BT socket, the one thing I would check is the encapsulation. For some reason, my router miraculously had the wrong encapsulation just shy of 2 weeks ago. This prevented my router from logging in as above. After finally getting through to a live person at customer support, it was apparent that my encapsulation was incorrect. I have absolutely no idea how someone could have hacked in (I've set up enough security to prevent unauthorised access and have a passworded account etc) to change the value, and I most certainly didn't. Spooky or oops we forgot to tell you of some changes ?

Has F9 changed its requirement for Encapsulation as a result of all this work / upgrades / maintenance / downtime and secretly only been telling individuals when they have problems ? Just seemed fishy to me. If there was a global e-mail to let us know this... Well that would be great - if Plusnet had hired my services for backup and disaster recovery, since at present I still do not have any of my entire collection of F9 e-mail dating back to when I first started.

Ah the joys of F9... *sigh*
terryp96

no connection since thursday

I also live in Sheffield as Richgardner and like him my connection went down on Thursday. Rang Force9 on Monday and spent a 45 mins waiting on hold to be finally be told to change DSL filter, went to Maplins and bought new one for £9.99 tried it and found I still had no connection. Back on to Force 9 and spent 50 mins on hold this time, eventually got through and was told not to turn computer off but leave it running 24 hours untill connection was re-established. Wednesday evening I found that I had my connection was back. On checking my e-mails found that f9 had sent numerous e-mails to me while I was still having problems, how they expected me to read them I don't know.
Hope that's the last of my problems.
Sword
Grafter

I've just posted a fault ticket on behalf of an acquaintance (in Barnsley) who also has had no connection for a week.

He's on a business account and is pulling his hair out!
N/A

Still nothing

Hey, yep it's been a week now and still nothing. I've been through the fault process and hopefully that'll turn something up. is this something local to Sheffield/South Yorkshire?

Seem awfully coincidental that it happens as i'm transferred to the alternative network...

I've tried multiple microfilters too, but to no avail!

please help!
James
Grafter

Rather than trying to sift through a thread and pull out individual issues, can those effected send me an email detailing:

Username
Ticket number
Actions taken to ensure fault not at your end

Will chase from there.
N/A

Also been off for a week, London area, since receiving the message on Thursday 13th that "we have now successfully moved your broadband service to our alternative broadband network " (not so successful, methinks). Raised a 'Question' Monday 17th. Can't even get an acknowledgement that anyone is doing anything. Eventually managed to speak to someone on the phone only to be told that F9 do not guarantee the service and I would just have to wait. Meanwhile, F9 have taken another month's payment. Evil I have now requested a MAC key and will be moving on ASAP. As to James' request to e-mail him directly. Helpful as he is trying to be, these are community forums, and I believe that these issues also need to be aired here, so that others can witness the extent of a problem.

Question ID: 19848503 if anyone is interested.
James
Grafter

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the email.

Let me get one thing straight, I'm not telling you to keep quiet about problems you are having - far from it, just to let me know of them so I can have them raised internally so we can try and get the problems resolved.
N/A

"let me know of them so I can have them raised internally so we can try and get the problems resolved."

OK, James, I'm having problems getting Support to get BT to make my ADSL connection work, or declare it unviable. On Weds, F9 FINALLY arranged a BT visit for today. After 6 weeks+. BTdid not turn up. I won't raise the ticket details here, of course, but I am having to conclude that besides F9's Support problems, there is a local BT problem. I will not be making the next payment. I will be claiming a refund.

John