cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No World of Warcraft P2P Patch download, NO Limewire no P2P

cyborg
Dabbler

WTF on earth is going on it has been a month i have not been able to use any p2p at all whatsoever,

Limewire wont just connect at all and nor i can get the bloody patch of world of warcraft which uses p2p too.

Will anyone fix this god damn problem as i am totally sick of opening tickets to god damn newbies which just say "reset your router" oh "do a speed test" "oh all is fine"

Or if it cannot be fixed tell me that too.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Re: No World of Warcraft P2P Patch download, NO Limewire no

Or if it cannot be fixed tell me that too.

I'm not allowed to talk properly because the mods will pounce on me again. I've quoted your words though which were not of my writing. If you get my drift...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
cyborg
Dabbler

Would anyone know where i can check some sort of work being carried out on exchange? bt exchanges

Because for a full month whenever i have tried to raise a fault exchange status has been red and i cant raise any fault

So bt has been doing work on exchange throughout the month?

lol yeah right
Community Veteran

A red exchange does not mean BT are doing work. It means at least one of the Virtual Paths is running beyond expected capacity and BT may have a planned date to fix it (see the usertools exchange checker). Unfortunately, the fault checker will not allow any faults to be reported when a red status exists, even if the VP you are on is not the one that is read (you can't find this out anyway).

Approx 38% (2019 out of 5400) of exchanges were at red status on 20th Nov and the number actually increased by 25% since the previous weeks updates.

Recently BT have been pushing back the expected fix dates on many exchanges by a month or more. Basically they can't cope with the traffic increases and each week, more and more VPs are going red, often quicker than they can fix them.
cyborg
Dabbler

Its green now but the speed? that is about 0.8mbps and guess what? Limewire wont even connect and World of warcraft Patch downloader is downloaded on 8kbytes/sec MAX! woah Cheesy thats hell lot of speed. I downloaded 20Mb since yesterday of a 670mbytes patch i hope at this rate by the time i download this one they would have released another patch.

Thumbs up awsome service :!:
Firejack
Grafter

You are a bit quick to assign blame regarding downloading the latest WoW patch. I understand why you have jumped to those conclusions though.

No idea why Limewire isn't working. Don't use that program myself. It is likely the problem is either your exchange being Red or Plus.net traffic management. If you can get good download speeds from http://www.speedtest.net/ I'd say the problem is Plus.nets traffic management.

The reason that the Blizzard Background Downloader is downloading so slowly however is because Blizzard have intentionally released the patch at a capped speed. 'Background' is the key term here as patch such as this one, primarily constructed of art assets for future release, are deliberately released weeks in advance to allow WoW subscribers to download the patch in preparation for the new patch date, while playing at a speed slow enough not to interfere with the gameplay by introducing lag caused by downloading this patch in the Background as you play.

If you want to continue downloading the patch while you play. Don't worry about the speed it downloads as it'll be complete before the next patch is released. Or if you are like me and don't want to wait. Use a proper Bittorrent client such as Azureus to download the patch with more control of the speed. Took me ~3 hours to download the patch reaching speeds up to ~100KB/sec.
An FAQ on the subject is available: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=87819106&sid=1
cyborg
Dabbler

i have chosen to end my contract and move to zen instead, This ship is sinking..oh and incase you *really* do wanna know i got
downstream of 678kbps exchange status is green, and raised a fault too which *apparently* came out as clear. so wts next? cant blame it on BT now as exchange status is green. which was the blame given by most of cs reps.
N/A

i have chosen to end my contract and move to zen instead

See you there, I migrated yesterday, gave zen my mac code. Should have done it sooner!!