cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SYNC all day, can support check local exchange

sophos9
Grafter

Hi support, can you check the status of my local exchange please - I have not had sync all day

Thanks
40 REPLIES
sophos9
Grafter

Still no sync this morning, router tested al equipment removed, quite line test results are fine

Support can you please update this fault please
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

I've asked one of our faults agents to test this for you now, and we will then raise it to BT as necessary.
sophos9
Grafter

Hi there...

Thanks, not sure of the problem is local exchange as its shows no outages or a outside of property cable problem?? Cry
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

This has now been raised to BT so hopefully we will soon get to the bottom of it for you.
sophos9
Grafter

Got an update at 19:00 saying a BT engineer will attend the premises asking what time is best...

The thing is, today I left the equipment OFF - would this have affected the testing?

Its rare for a problem to be between the house and the pole with POTS no being affected at all

Support, can you clarify if leaving the equipment off will affect the test and if so, can you tell the faults team the equipment will be left on for tests to once again commence

Many thanks
sophos9
Grafter

Just another quick question. An email I received as part of the automated update said the engineer may not have to visit my premises... My money is on this being an exchange card or similar problem (engineer unplugged me Tongue )

Point here is I'm sure the engineer will start in the exchange, if this is the case why do I have to take a day off work to wait for something that probably wont happen? Surely once an engineer has eliminated an exchange problem THEN they would arrange to visit the premises?

Also can my previous posts questions be answered please

Thanks
sophos9
Grafter

Can support help with some answers please Sad
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Got an update at 19:00 saying a BT engineer will attend the premises asking what time is best...

The thing is, today I left the equipment OFF - would this have affected the testing?

We ran a test at 09:44am that showed your kit not to be in sync (no suprise if it was off). Ideally your kit should be left powered on for the duration of the fault but in this case I don't think leaving it off would have had any negative repercussions.

Its rare for a problem to be between the house and the pole with POTS no being affected at all

Agreed, although it isn't entirely impossible.

Support, can you clarify if leaving the equipment off will affect the test and if so, can you tell the faults team the equipment will be left on for tests to once again commence

Certainly. Make sure it's left powered up for the remainder of the fault investigation.

Just another quick question. An email I received as part of the automated update said the engineer may not have to visit my premises... My money is on this being an exchange card or similar problem (engineer unplugged me Razz )

Point here is I'm sure the engineer will start in the exchange, if this is the case why do I have to take a day off work to wait for something that probably wont happen? Surely once an engineer has eliminated an exchange problem THEN they would arrange to visit the premises?

Logic would certainly suggest that to be the case but for a while now BT Wholesale have started with an engineer appointment as opposed to build up to it like they used to. In a way this is a good thing as it tends to mean problems get fixed a little quicker than they normally would have.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sophos9
Grafter

Bob, Hi

Thanks for answering. The equipment has been left on since my original post, there has been no sync for the duration.

Thinking about your post I presume then the engineer has less of an opportunity to hand the problem off into myriad of processes within BT.

Fingers crossed it gets resolved quick, I'm busting to download a new linux distro!
sophos9
Grafter

Well today is the day, broadband should be fixed if the engineer ever arrives... Between 8am and 1pm, they have lost about 40% of that time already :-(

Do BT offer any compensation for BB accounts going down? Been without BB for 5days now and my psychiatrist charges by the hour...
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Hopefully the engineer will get to the bottom of this problem for you. It's probably advisable to add some information to your ticket once he has been and gone to let us know how is went.

Unfortunately BT don't offer compensation or even an SLA on BB services Sad
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
chrisc
Grafter

Hopefully the engineer will get everything sorted for you today.

Unfortunately as broadband is not a guaranteed service in the UK BT do not offer refunds for downtime or faults and we have to continue paying BT for the line rental etc..

Let us know if the issue has not been resolved later today.
sophos9
Grafter

Hey there, thanks for the fast replies.

TBH I don't think the engineer will attend the property, with POTS being fine most probable the issue lies between exchange and pole

My only REAL concern is both James Bailey and myself spent a lot of time tweaking settings with BT and I had a rock solid 3.8mb downstream when Bt's ECO was showing approx 0.5mb max

I hope PN can help again if my BB speed falls through the floor again Cry
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

When the engineer has attended let us know if you see any speed problems and we'll be happy to see what we can do.

Worry not, we can all be as stubborn as James when necessary! Cheesy