cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No New Posts?

Fixes: 115

No New Posts?

Many topics are showing as 'No New Posts' although there clearly has been since I last looked.

This has happened a lot of times recently.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Not a major problem but goes along with thge lack of regular email notices of replies.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

6 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

No New Posts?

The new posts always resets when you log out (or if you have auto-login enabled after a set period of time). So even if you haven't read the posts it can clear the new posts indicator.
Fixes: 115

No New Posts?

Yes, I have auto-login set for 2 years.

But this doesn't always happen. Sometimes it has happened after, say, 8 hours. Then again, after a lot longer gap before reviewing the forums all new posts are clearly showing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

No New Posts?

This is a problem with this (very old) version of the message board software where your login cookie gets corrupted in some way and the message board thinks you have recently logged in.

It happens to me from time to time as well.
Liam
Grafter

No New Posts?

This can happen if you login to the portal and then from the page that logs you in, you click to visit the discussion forums.
N/A

No New Posts?

As the new community site uses different software, is there any point talking about this non-critical issue?

I agree it's annoying, but with the new site weeks away I'm sure there are other priorities to worry about.
N/A

No New Posts?

Look on the bright side guys!

For admin accounts, new posts are registered correctly when you first log in to the boards, but as soon as you navigate to a board/post, all posts from late January are marked as unread.

Its for this reason that some of the PN staff and some of the moderating team have downgraded their accounts to Moderator permissions, as it doesn't effect that permission set - (in case anybody wondered why some where now orange in 'whos online?' where they were once green.)

The new site will use SMF forum software, similar to that used by the PUG discussion boards. ( http://usergroup.plus.net/forums )