Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No MOre Lies PlusNet ! - & Other ISP's

petsyb
Grafter

OK so Admit it one way or another

are you filtering all traffic of peak as well now to force of all high users ?

or

is it a fault that will be fixed ?

if plusnet cant be bothered to answer, can anyone suggest any other ISP's that allow p2p of peak without ridiculous restrictions ?

N/A

Um..

The SUP tiered level of traffic is applied 24/7 and always has been since it was introduced.

I don't think they've ever said it wasn't?
N/A

Yup, traffic shaping is (and always has been) applied 24/7. The only difference between peak and offpeak is the download limits and obviously and higher number of people connected and using there BB, thus slower speeds (as PN don't have enough bandwidth)
blowdart
Grafter

I don't think they've ever said it wasn't?

What they did say is that business account traffic is always prioritised.

Now, in a ticket response I have they said that bittorrent doesn't count. I'm still waiting a response to my question asking what other things don't count and are excluded from the statement that is *still* on their web pages.
petsyb
Grafter

are you filtering all traffic of peak as well now to force of all high users ?

sorry should have explained better what i meant,have plusnet now put inplace filtering methods for off peak (and maybe peak i dont know as i tend to only download off peak), as my ftp,web,p2p and email are all at a standstill it was from around 11.00 am,now it's gone 24/7
N/A

dont hang around waiting for

a) a response from plusnet
b) a fix
c) p2p speeds to improve

none of the above will happen. change to an internet service provider. you have no choice and thats the way they want it.

make sure everyone you know is warned about what a disaster plusnet are also. defintiely do not refer anyone. you will regret it
sophos9
Grafter

Plusnet has issued a service status on P2P speeds and have acknowledged an issue with their ellacoyas

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1161944721.htm

I have to point out that last night I was d/l Linux image at 89kbps on a IP Profile of 1500kbps on Azureus...