cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Email

N/A

No Email

Since Friday 13 June, late evening, no email. I usually receive 100 or so per day. They come from my Yahoo account, which set to forward mails to my plus net account. There are emails in the yahoo account, and I am now using POP3 to get them. Nothing on the service status page. A test messgae sent to the plus net account a few minutes ago has still not arrived.

Also, automatic login, set to 3 months, does not work. I have to manually login.
6 REPLIES
N/A

No Email

First off, if you clear your cookies, then auto-login will fail (this is done with your cache on a win98 system).

As for Yahoo! Unless you pay for the premium service, then I am sure that forwarding doesn't take place, until you visit the mail site.
N/A

No Email

Roger that for clearing cookies.

Re Yahoo: the forwarding and the POP3 are free (for yahoo.co.uk addresses, paying for yahoo.com addresses). If this option had changed, I would have been notified.

Test email sent to my plus net account (via plusnet as smtp) at 6.45pm still not received.
N/A

No Email

Once you receive this, reaise a contact us ticket, and post the headers.

I seriously think there is somthing wrong with the server, that is being overlooked.
Mike_Grice
Grafter

No Email

Once you receive this, reaise a <a href="http://contactus.plus.net">Contact Us</a> ticket, and post the headers.

I seriously think there is somthing wrong with the server, that is being overlooked.

Hi there,

As far as monitoring is concerned, email is just hunky-dory -- there are no mail queues and the load on each of the mail servers is nominal.

As acarr said, if you can let us see the headers it may shed some insight as to how your situation has occured.
N/A

No Email

I don't mean to say there is somthing wrong Mike, however, I have noticed a lot of posts within the past month regarding delayed e-mail, taking anything from 20 mins, to 2 hours.

I notice the same symptons, and have not bothered to follow up my contact tickets, because it never happens after reporting it.

I know there is a procedure of obtaining 10 username for a single exchange for DSL issues, which will get the issues pushed quicker and higher to BT, however, is there anything simalar with +net and system issues.
Mike_Grice
Grafter

No Email

I don't mean to say there is somthing wrong Mike, however, I have noticed a lot of posts within the past month regarding delayed e-mail, taking anything from 20 mins, to 2 hours.

I notice the same symptons, and have not bothered to follow up my contact tickets, because it never happens after reporting it.

I know there is a procedure of obtaining 10 username for a single exchange for DSL issues, which will get the issues pushed quicker and higher to BT, however, is there anything simalar with +net and system issues.

Hi there,

I know what you're getting at. Basically there isn't a set threshold (unless it's blatant like an ADSL outage) where we would class something as a problem because theres so many things that could potentially go wrong. When for example you get a delayed mail, we'd say raise the headers in a ticket. This would then be forwarded to the network support team who would take note. If they noticed X tickets on the same thing they'd then open a problem and look into it service wide...