cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Email

Isitme
Grafter

No Email

My email, using Outlook, has suddenly stopped working. Last messages Xmas day. This not a question of just not receiving any mail, it is not connecting. I receive this error message

Task 'mail.plus.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Anyone have an idea what is wrong?
5 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

No Email

Hi there,

Do you run Norton?

Has Norton/Outlook been updated recently? We see a lot of those errors when an update has been installed and has problems.

I've not seen any other reports of timeouts so would try and rule out any local issues first.
Isitme
Grafter

No Email

Thank you for your prompt reply. I do not have Norton..not touching and bargepole.. spring to mind and I have not had an update for Outlook. I use Sygate PF, which you may know is not now updated and AVG7.5, I doubt is these would cause it...
I have just had a ding from my email Smiley It is now working, but now I get this message

Task 'mail.plus.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ?"1-5-21-1454471165-1343024091-1914931763-1003'

:? I don't know what has happened, I have not changed anything.

I have been thinking of changing over to Thunderbird, Outlook is probably overkill for my needs, maybe this is the prod I needed Smiley If you have any idea what this latest message means, I would be grateful.
Mand
Grafter

No Email

Hi

Thats a password error, have you tried deleting and reentering the account in Outlook?

I would heartily recommend Thunderbird, I've been using it for a while and much prefer it to Outlook.
Isitme
Grafter

No Email

Thank you, I will change over to Thunderbird after the Hols. I am off to the Canaries for a couple of weeks, so will not be thinking about email till I get back.

Thank you again and may you, your colleagues and all Forum members have a better new year than last Smiley
Mand
Grafter

No Email

Lucky you, have a good holiday, and thanks for the good wishes. Smiley