cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Customer Support

N/A

No Customer Support

About 2 weeks ago I had a line issue which F9 eventually passed to BT and they must have fixed - all in all 4 whole days without a service.

I had one week of fault free service and then on Monday it's gone again - and it's still down.

Used the stupid wizard again (how the hell can the main tool for reporting connection faults be online for christ sake) and raised the call - not even a bot response for over 48 hours - even if they escalate to BT now I'll be lucky to have a service by the weekend.

Decided to raise another ticket direct to customer service - stating that as their service is non-existent I'm going to have to cancel and look elsewhere - response didn't contain any hint of giving a toss - just instructed me how to fulfiil the cancellation. Surely customer service should have at least tried to reassure me someone might get round to looking at it, or that this level of service was unusual. Customer retention not an issue with this lot then.

My god - what a shower.

Anyone suggest any good alternatives. Looks like I'm going to be ringing their rip off phone line tonight to get away from them and try and work out how I'm going to migrate elsewhere.

I'll be spending a lot of energy spreading the hopelessnes of F9 from now on...

edited and moved by ukfmonline 22.23 26th April 2006
7 REPLIES
astarsolutions
Grafter

No Customer Support

response didn't contain any hint of giving a toss

I completely understand this point of view although I doubt it’s their official position.
Looking at these forums there must be 10 or 20 people who spend their life complaining and saying there going to leave, if I was working for f9 the last thing I would want to do is encourage them to stay

Although seeing as this is your second post chilltop I doubt you are one of them
N/A

No Customer Support

Cheers for your reply.

I'm not - in fact I have encouraged friends and family to sign up to F9 in the past (god do I feel stupid now) when they have had issues with other providers (BT mainly) - in fact I laughed at the issues they had (long support lead times and no service) and said "why not come and try my ISP?" I guess it's only when you run into major issues you really find out how good these people are.

I am most annoyed about the initial lack of feedback, and then the "get lost then" approach to customer service. I can accept problems when I am aware that (a) they are being looked at and (b) some idea of how long they might take.

I need my connection for work as well as pleasure and it's crippling me to be without it.

I'm going to be on the phone tonight to cancel my service without a doubt. What concerns me though is how I can move to another provider successfully mid-fault.....??

I'm sure F9 staff are perhaps sick of people keep threatening to leave - but the likes of Sky or BT (for phones at least) bend over backwards if they think they are going to lose a long standing customer.
astarsolutions
Grafter

No Customer Support

When you’re so used to an internet connection being without one for even a couple of days must be really annoying to say the least; thankfully I haven’t had this problem yet.

A target of 7 days for fixing faults does seem way to long, it should be a day or two at the most.
When a fault is first raised it should be checked and dealt with by f9 immediately, they then need to make a quick decision and get them moved over to BT ASAP.
N/A

No Customer Support

I completely understand this point of view although I doubt it’s their official position.
Looking at these forums there must be 10 or 20 people who spend their life complaining and saying there going to leave, if I was working for f9 the last thing I would want to do is encourage them to stay

Theres only so few people as the rest cant connect :lol:

Seriously, i've read loads of posts quite a few negative ones recently about F9 by numerous different people. I think everyone should address their problems on forums but many people dont use the or know they exist. Great feedback is given on forums, especially ones like this. Many times the problem can be sorted by joe public but it also gives the company, customers reaction to change without them using much resource.

JonathanW
Grafter

No Customer Support

Firstly, I'd like to apologise if the response to the ticket sounded as though the agent was telling you to 'sod off', as you put it. This certainly isn't the image that we're wanting to put across.

We are unfortunately suffering from a bit of a backlog of support requests at the moment, though these are getting worked through as swiftly as possible. Some of you might have seen what we did last nighit, as it was announced via service status, as we turned the phones off for seven hours in order to try and smash the ticket queues. This was successful, to an extent, but there are still a large number of tickets waiting.

When it comes to faults, there isn't any way to move the fault report from one ISP to another, so all that you could do if you did migrate would be go back to the start with your new ISP and begin the whole process again.
N/A

No Customer Support

Yeah I was told I couldn't jump from F9 while I had an issue so was a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place.

However after posting a few more tickets and getting told off for swearing (it was mild and I was frustrated) 30 minutes later I was back up and running - so 50+ hours of inaction and then an hour or so and it was sorted.

Communication is the key here F9 - customers will put up with a certain amout of issues if you keep them updated.

Weighing up options now....
N/A

No Customer Support

Communication is the key here F9 - customers will put up with a certain amout of issues if you keep them updated.

AFAICS, that's been one of the main bones of contention in forums for ages. Sad

I certainly sympathise with your plight.

Fred