cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Connection at all!

N/A

No Connection at all!

Can somebody escalate my ticket - now into day 3 of no connection at all. ID: 22265677
17 REPLIES
James
Grafter

No Connection at all!

Hi Leecj,

Can you let me know what actions you have taken to ensure that the problem is not at your end? Can you try the following for me where possible?

- Changing filter
- Ensuring that your modem is connecting into a filter and then straight into your master socket
- Removing the faceplate from your master socket and inserting your filter into the test socket on the bottom half
- Using a different modem/router if possible
N/A

No Connection at all!

Hi James
New filter tried.
Modem is straight into filter then master socket (as has been for last 2 years).
Could try faceplate option when I get home
No spare modem

As my line is with PN can checks be carried out to make sure there is an ADSL signal at the exchange end?
James
Grafter

No Connection at all!

Hi there,

Please do try the faceplate option for me when you get in. I'll get a sync test run now.
James
Grafter

No Connection at all!

Your line is currently not gaining synchronisation from your local exchange.
N/A

No Connection at all!

What does that mean?Huh
James
Grafter

No Connection at all!

Sorry Smiley

That basically means that your modem is not seeing the Broadband connection coming from the exchange. If you can try using the test socket and if you're still not getting a connection, I'll get a fault raised to BT for you.
N/A

No Connection at all!

Okay, will try test socket tonight. If still no good, any idea on timescales?
James
Grafter

No Connection at all!

I'll get it raised in the morning and would expect a response from them within about 24-48 hours.
Simon_M
Grafter

No Connection at all!

Okay, will try test socket tonight.

I'm guessing that means you are posting from work. From what you said earlier, it appears you have a USB modem rather than a router.

Would the PC & the modem have been switched on when Plusnet ran their sync test just after 10am this morning?

Forgive me for sticking my nose in if PN have checked this, but sometimes it's the simplest things that get overlooked. Smiley
N/A

No Connection at all!

Nope - US Robotics 4 port router, but yes am posting from work! PC off this morning but router on so hopefully any testing should have been able to have been carried out. Any further suggestions more than welcome!
Simon_M
Grafter

No Connection at all!

US Robotics 4 port router

Just checking!

I'll go away & shut up now. Shockedops:
N/A

No Connection at all!

No problem - I just read what it says on the front of the boxes - what goes on behind with all those cables leaves me clueless! (thats what happens when you have a techie brother in law that hardwires your house for no apparent reason apart from the fact he can.....) ho hum.
N/A

No Connection at all!

Okay - have tried BT test socket by taking the faceplate off and also new Netgear modem - still no go. Can a fault be raised please?
Mand
Grafter

No Connection at all!

Hi there,

This is being raised for you now, please ensure that your router remains powered up for the duration of the fault as BT will need to run some tests.