cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband, Ticket raised but no response

Neondaze
Grafter

I have been without my broadband connection for at least 24 hours now. I have raised as ticket (yesterday) but have had no response.

I am hoping that by posting in the forum somebody at Plusnet might read this and actually do something. At the very least let me know what is happening.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Mate sorry to hear your problem that you have, have you thought of ringing Plusnet on 0845 1400200 at all? this way you will get to speak to someone quite soon and hopefully help you out.
Kind Regards
Community Veteran

Re: No Broadband, Ticket raised but no response

I have been without my broadband connection for at least 24 hours now. I have raised as ticket (yesterday) but have had no response.

I am hoping that by posting in the forum somebody at Plusnet might read this and actually do something. At the very least let me know what is happening.

Could you give more details on the problem? Some of use here may be able to help, or whittle things out for CS.
Neondaze
Grafter

Details of the problem. Hmm. In a nutshell no broadband.

I have been using broadband with plusnet for several years now. The last connection I made was Monday morning at 7 am with no problems.

I connect to broadband via an SMC router/adsl modem. The sync light is on constant and light confirming connection to my pc is on.

When raising the ticket I carried out all tests as requested. I am unable to connect using my username and password, the bt plusnet test connection or the bt test domain.

The OS on my PC is win xp home and no changes were made prior to the loss of connection. The router and pc were powered down after the last successful connection, just as I always do when I go to work. I tried to connect at 7 pm last night on return home which is when I noticed the problem. I am therefore not sure when the connection was dropped, just that it was between 7 am and 7 pm on Monday.

As I said I have raised a ticket (yesterday) and have received the automated response only. I would have expected someone to at least have a had a look at the ticket during today, unless plusnet are experiencing so many problems they are snowed under.

This really frustrating as I use the broadband connection everyday. Dial- up sucks. It is at times like this you remember just how slow dial up actually is.
Community Veteran

I sympathise! Unfortunatley your problem is way out of my league, i thought it might be a sync problem or something!
Alecto
Grafter

Could be your router that's broken.
If it's syncing, shown by the constant light, but not connecting to Pn, it's odd.
Can you get into the router's web interface and check that it's still got the right login details?
I'd suggest refreshing the firmware, but presumably you can't download it.
Can you reset the router to factory settings and start again with it?
Remember that you log on using @plusdsl.net, not your normal name.

Or failing all that, just ring Pn up using the number at the bottom of this page.
Waiting for tickets is not much good, as you've found, if the matter is urgent.
Neondaze
Grafter

log detaild for my router are fine. They were working before I lost connection, and I haven't changed them since so that should not be the problem.