cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No £14.99 for MAC Key

N/A

No £14.99 for MAC Key

Ok I joined PlusNet on the 12th October. They charged me £14.99 for BB+ package. I got charged £14.99 on the 12th November. So they cancelled the 30 days notice with no problems but they wanted me to pay another £14.99 to get a MAC code. After speaking to a number of people and them saying I had to pay this I finally spoke to Luke Horwath who was quite helpful Smiley
He first of all said no we can't remove that cost but changed his mind after some persuasion and said Yes.
So I conclude that I have paid £14.99 * 2. I have only had one full months use out of it but at least I am going to where I came from. Yes AOL Smiley
I hope you can also get a MAC key with no problems!
Best Wishes and Thanks for all the Support you gave me.
It's a Shame I don't get to see the Customer Forum meeting in Birmingham.
I hope you can post them on either ADSLGuide.com or the PlusNetters website Smiley
12 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

No £14.99 for MAC Key

Hi,

After speaking to Luke myself there are many other matters that you haven't posted about here which would have influenced his decision.
Wheelie
Grafter

No £14.99 for MAC Key

Good luck with your move and you were lucky that they waived the £14.99 since thats a fee they pay to BTW for your migration Smiley
N/A

No £14.99 for MAC Key

Dave could you post them matters to me in a PM please and if they are fine I will post them here Smiley
N/A

No £14.99 for MAC Key

Yep they shouldn't have lied when I signed up.
Simple As!
They can even tell me who signed me up :?
N/A

No £14.99 for MAC Key

I got a MAC key with no problem but isn't there something in the contract that you agree to that if you leave Plus.net within a year (even on a monthly contract) that you have to pay £14.99? Whether you view it as a fee for getting a MAC code is up to you.
N/A

No £14.99 for MAC Key

I never paid for the MAC key!
I got given a Verbal Agreement when I joined.
They said something different to what their Contract says.
A verbal contract is as good as a written oneSmiley
N/A

No £14.99 for MAC Key

I think it's pretty clear that the staff at Plus.net have no idea what they are doing.

You get given different stories with different people you speak to.
N/A

No £14.99 for MAC Key

Hi there,

That is a very generalsitic, unfair and unnecessary comment, never mind untrue.

Constructive feedback and comment is very welcome on these boards, but grossly unfair and unconstructive comments such as that are unnecessary.
LiamM
Grafter

No £14.99 for MAC Key

Plusnet give me a free, unmetered, 100mbps leased line completely free of charge.

No honestly... I persuaded somebody on the phone to do it for me...

Tongue
N/A

No £14.99 for MAC Key

Hi there,

That is a very generalsitic, unfair and unnecessary comment, never mind untrue.

Constructive feedback and comment is very welcome on these boards, but grossly unfair and unconstructive comments such as that are unnecessary.

You referring to the post above or the one below your post?Huh
N/A

No £14.99 for MAC Key

He was reffering to your one!
The reason I made this post was for people to know what happens when you don't give in!
Stand Up For Your Rights!
Sproglet
Grafter

No £14.99 for MAC Key

Plusnet give me a free, unmetered, 100mbps leased line completely free of charge.

Pah.

They told me when I signed up I was getting OC-255 access unrestricted but when they activated me it was only OC-3 ;-)

(sorry for the OT comment but I couldn't resist it)