cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice to see BT are keeping to their schedule (not!)

N/A

Well, according to the exchange checker thing my exchange was due to be upgraded in a single visit this month (May). Today is the last day of that month and they've not done anything with it and now the ports are showing as amber!

I'm still sat around waiting for my free speed regrade to 2Mb from 1Mb. Are PN actively chasing BT to progress the £1/2 million mass regrade order they placed several months ago for all their customers?

:roll:
16 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Same for my exchange, Craddock. Even though I am on 2Mb, everybody else on PN in the village (I have a few referrals) are still crawling along on 512k. No upgrades here. Same with the surrounding exchanges too. In fact, none of my refferals have been upgraded yet.
Soapy
Grafter

Same for my exchange NEWMILLS,

One thing is worrying me though. The BT availability checker says that my line will only support 512K. A check of all my neighbours phone numbers says that they can get 1mb, and they are indeed getting 1mb connections (from other ISPs).

Once my exchange is regraded, will I get a higher speed if the BT checker is saying I can only get 512k (and that may require the visit of an engineer)?

Stephen.
N/A

due to start

all those dates are 'due to start' not 'due to complete' dates..

jump..gun.horse..gate..bolt not necesarrily in that order
N/A

Same for me, my "due to start" date was 5th May, perhaps they cant find my exchange as its out in the sticks. Probably still only have 1 engineer for the whole of Wales. Tongue
N/A

It wasn't the 5th of may, you will find the date was "may 05", as in "may 2005".

thesoutars

The ADSL checker has long been called the guestimator. In other words, it is rubbish.

BT have more detailed records, from which they can make a better guess to your lines suitability.

However, as your neightbours can only support 1Mb, there is only a chance that you can't get faster than your current speed of 512Kb.
N/A

Billing

Everytime I log onto the site I'm greeted with the 2mb for only £14.99 message. I find this irritating as I'm still being charged £24.99 for 512k. I can, it seems, pay money to be charged less. Does this seem ironic to anyone else?
N/A

guys, you must remember that this is BT you are waiting on. a long time winner of atrocious customer service and long delays.. :roll:
N/A

Anyone up for vigilante exchange upgrades Cheesy
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

Re: Billing

Everytime I log onto the site I'm greeted with the 2mb for only £14.99 message. I find this irritating as I'm still being charged £24.99 for 512k. I can, it seems, pay money to be charged less. Does this seem ironic to anyone else?

Not as ironic as complaining about paying £10 a month more than you need to instead of paying £15 quid to sort it. :roll:

Seriously, and with geniune interest, why you have not moved packages? :?:
N/A

You could always do what I've just done and drop down to the cheeper package for free and wait for the free upgrade to bump your speed up...

(Was on ADSL HOME Self install @ 29.99 a month, now on BB Premier for 21.99 a month)
N/A

Not as ironic as complaining about paying £10 a month more than you need to instead of paying £15 quid to sort it. :roll:

Seriously, and with geniune interest, why you have not moved packages? :?:

I was under the assumption that existing customers would be regraded free of charge. If everyone pays to queue jump then we're all back where we where before paying.
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

I was under the assumption that existing customers would be regraded free of charge.

That's too broad a statement.
It depends on what you're moving to, and from.

I, myself, moved from 512Kb Home Install - £21.99 to
512Kb waiting for the free upgrade to 2Mb Home Premier - £21.99
didn't cost me a penny.

However, (I think!), if I'd moved from 1Mb Home Install - £29.99, I would have paid a downgrade fee of £14.99.
N/A

No you can regrade down from 1Mb/s £29.99 to up to 2Mb/s £21.99 for free. I went from 2Mb/s £39.99 to up to 2Mb/s £21.99 for free. Happened straight away.
suec45
Grafter

Same for my Exchange Great Longstone, no upgrade at all Sad

There were 2 BT vans outside the exchange today, but no go , I get excited each time I see an engineer in there! (the exchange is across the road from me )

I too moved from £29.99, 1mb Premier to £21.99 up to 2mb Premier and it was free. Just raise a ticket.