cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next thing to do?

N/A

Next thing to do?

Ok, finally got my stable rate at 8000

but for the last two nights same time, my downloads have dropped to less than 1mb, and have not been able to download or get a speed test above 2mb, so what do I do next, sit and wait some more maybe?
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Next thing to do?

What are you getting on a BT speedtest?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Next thing to do?

Yep, looks like we gotta do some more waiting Rob......I must admit I am getting a little tired of sitting round...Router is almost at meltdown due to being on non stop for 15 days+... Oh well....I think it will be like I said some time ago..Maybe get Maxdsl by Xmas....
N/A

Next thing to do?

finally got mine this morning, but thanks for the replies

antrobus6

Do you mean that you have not switched off your router at all....you should mate, I used mine as i normally did throughout the phase, twice it was left on overnight but otherwise it was turned off when i went to bed and back on again in the morning, maybe once during the day being turned off.
N/A

Next thing to do?

In any case, routers are designed to be left on almost indefinately, so don't worry too much about it melting into a pool of plastic.
The common thought process seems to follow pretty much as robynfali said, turn it off and on as you usually would - the re-synching process may help get your speed to the best level faster than just leaving it on all the time.
N/A

Next thing to do?

oh god no, I didnt mean to imply that you COULDNT leave them on, sorry..should have worded that better..

::Garfield goes to his cat basket for the second time this week::

lol
N/A

Next thing to do?

I'd missed the bit where you said that (thats cats eyes for you - must be the headlights affecting them Cool )
I was trying to allay the original fears of antrobus6 having left his router on for 15 days.
Getting far too confusing now - need more coffee methinks :?
N/A

Next thing to do?

HELL yeah, give me cafiene (spelling?) IV please
N/A

Next thing to do?

finally got mine this morning, but thanks for the replies

antrobus6

Do you mean that you have not switched off your router at all....you should mate, I used mine as i normally did throughout the phase, twice it was left on overnight but otherwise it was turned off when i went to bed and back on again in the morning, maybe once during the day being turned off.

I hav turned it off once a day for about half hour - hour but thats it.....
N/A

Next thing to do?

Ahh right mate, no worries, HOPEFULLY the BT delta reports are starting to come through for us lot who were may 2nd started, fingers crossed for you
N/A

Next thing to do?

Thanks Rob.. I for one want this sorting now..Its been going on too long....And its cost me a fortune... New NTE5 Socket, NTE5/adsl-phone adapter. faceplate, CAT5 cabling and lots of usage peak time with speed tests....I am getting to the point of not giving a s**t anymore.Can't wait till cable comes down my way and PN and SKY are gonna be history..
N/A

Next thing to do?

I think its safe to say that cable will NEVER come this way, Anglesey....the £$£" end of wales lol.. nah cant knock it, beautiful place, but technology non aware!
N/A

Robyn: Love your signature

Quote "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways - wine glass in one hand, bottle in the other, body thoroughly used up, worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"

The above made me laugh out loud. :lol: Thank you.
Tina