cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsgroups

N/A

Newsgroups

I have just changed from telewest broadband to plusnet, when I used to download from news.blueyonder.co.uk I would get a constant download speed of 250k+. I have just tried plusnet on newsgroups and my downloads never go above 20k is this normal for the server? I can download files from the net ok at +200k.

Or is this a limitation of the broadband plus service?

Its going to take 12 hours just to read the articles on the server
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Newsgroups

Hi,

Downloads from Usenet are shaped on Broadband Plus, so you will see slower speeds . If you are going to be doing a lot of downloads from Usenet then I would suggest taking a look at Premier.
N/A

Newsgroups

Thankyou
N/A

Newsgroups

I guess I could ask in this thread too since it is regarding newsgroups.

But I am currently finding binary downloads fail badly.
They download fine and everything but when they are compiled they do not work. i.e: they are missing blocks in them.

Is this just me getting this? nearly 12gb's worth have been bad.. Ive tried different newsreader software. :?
N/A

Newsgroups

There are lots of Binary news groups where there's 75% of incompletes. Some groups are better than others but if your a serious binary downloader then your probably best paying for Usenet access from someone else. I am sure someone here can suggest a good company to go with.
N/A

Newsgroups

oh ok then - thanks.
N/A

Newsgroups

if i was you i would try either newshosting or giganews. giganews is more expensive but the better of the 2, and is still only £13 a month roughly.
N/A

Newsgroups

never had any problems with eurofeeds - so it looks like i'd be upgrading my account soon enough! :?