cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newserver Puzzle

N/A

Newserver Puzzle

Is it just me or is anyone else find the the retention has take a nose dive.I am finding a lot of "messages no longer on server",and I am only talking non binaries 30 mins old.I exept that something may have gone funny in my copy of OE 6.0 which until late this afternoon was working fine.

Ian.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: Newserver Puzzle

> Is it just me or is anyone else find the the retention has take a nose dive.I am finding a lot of "messages no longer on server",and I am only talking non binaries 30 mins old.I exept that something may have gone funny in my copy of OE 6.0 which until late this afternoon was working fine.
>
> Ian.
>

fine here using outlook
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

> fine here using outlook

Fair comment,so now I am looking for a reason as to why when I download the newsgroups at 2027hrs a message with the time of 2019hrs is no longer on the server.Which would seem to indicate that something is wrong with my copy of OE all of a sudden or retention is terrible.Any suggestions as what to look at regarding the former theory.

Ian.

N/A

I am having the same problem as well as time outs. I suspect it depends on the time you go on. If they update their news while you are on then they may get rid of yesteredays post

I always go on late at night 11:00. I use agent so its not IE

> Is it just me or is anyone else find the the retention has take a nose dive.I am finding a lot of "messages no longer on server",and I am only talking non binaries 30 mins old.I exept that something may have gone funny in my copy of OE 6.0 which until late this afternoon was working fine.
>
> Ian.
>