cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsbin pro

N/A

Newsbin pro

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to usenet server using newsbin pro but all what i get is this message

PROTOCOL=Engine process, SERVER=usenet.plus.net, MSG=Unspecified Network Error
SERVER=usenet.plus.net, MSG=error talking to server: 200 ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net NNRP Service Ready -Newsmaster@plus.net (Posting ok)

anyone knows why I'm getting this message?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Newsbin pro

same here, can anyone help? (usenet newbie) Grabit connects fine but newbin pro gives that error.

Cheers
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Newsbin pro

Hi,

I had that problem with Newsbin, never did find out why, just switched to GrabIt which worked straight away.
Sandro
Grafter

Newsbin pro

That's strange. Works fine for me on both news servers.. Probably, too fine ... I'm dangerously close to my "reasonable" limit . Shocked
Something needs to be adjusted in Newsbin settings?
Might it be a firewall playing up?
N/A

Newsbin pro

Cant help you really other than newsbin pro worked ok for me on plusnet servers, so it does work.

Now using Newsleecher, as i think its better, but newsbin is not a bad choice.

All you need is the server address , which you have, no name/pass required, only lets you on to plus servers if you a plus customer.
N/A

Newsbin pro

I found the problem guys, was my fault, tried to use a crack on it to remove the trial limit and that's why it didn't work, installed fresh and it works no problem. My own stupid fault for trying to bypass paying.lol
N/A

Newsbin pro

pay !! :shock:

So what you need is a working crack Smiley Smiley

Nevermind its fixed, Newsleechers better though......my opinion