cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News headlines on the portal

N/A

Because I work till midnight I often look at the news headlines on the portal to keep up with events. I get a bit peeved when clicking on a headline to get further details only to find a request to buy some type of online service and no news report at all. For example 21 Oct 1:30am top headline reads "How Mr Blair's Unexpected Illness Touches The Heartbeat Of The Nation" but clicking on this throws up a new window add for BTclick&buy and nothing else. If we must have adds, so be it. But please don't leave the news out as well.
3 REPLIES
N/A

The news feed is provided by a third-party company that acts as a link concentrator.

This news is downloaded as XML, CVS or other common method of news import from this provider, then dynamicaly formatted by the portal systems to reflect the PlusNet layout.

The links therefor are those provided by that third-party.

Do you have a popup blocker in operation, as all headlines go to the correct sites here.
Ianwild
Grafter

Phillip is right here - The news links are provided by a third party and we don't have any control over the content. As it stands, these sort of newsfeeds have become quite difficult to get hold of without paying inordinate amounts of cash. Basically, the options are that we either have are to put up with what is there, or remove the feed entiirelly. That said, if we do become aware of any superioir options in relation to this we will certianly implement them...

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Thanks guys.
I should have realised that a third party supplies the feed.
I have Pop Up Stopper from Panic Ware which gives a visual notice ( no entry sign) when a pop up ad is trying to be displayed. In the cases I refer to the link goes direct to an adds page. Maybe after a certain time the third party supplier alters its links or adds a bogus headline in an effort to generate some income.