cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News Group Speeds

N/A

News Group Speeds

Anyone else having poor performance with downloads from News groups. Up until the weekend I was getting about 1.8Mbps, now I'm lucky if I get 250Kbps
5 REPLIES
N/A

News Group Speeds

If you have d/l 15gb, you have probably hit the new 'cap'. Anything after that seems to run about 30KB\sec. Haven't hit it myself yet, but there are plenty of threads on this if you have a look around.
N/A

News Group Speeds

Thanks, just read the 30 page one. Well, better start looking for another ISP, not going to pay a 'Premier' account when I don't get that level of service.
N/A

News Group Speeds

Thanks, just read the 30 page one. Well, better start looking for another ISP, not going to pay a 'Premier' account when I don't get that level of service.

Id kill for 250kb/s :shock: at the moment, however i realise that on a 4mb / 8mb service that isnt good. At the moment their is nothing "Premier" about the service anyone is receiving. It should really be called "The Plusnet No NTTP / P2P service" Cheesy
N/A

News Group Speeds

May as well downgrade to the plus service at £14 or whatever it is, pretty much the same level of service provided
N/A

News Group Speeds

May as well downgrade to the plus service at £14 or whatever it is, pretty much the same level of service provided

Sounds like a good idea. However im sure they have probably placed a clause that fines you if you downgrade before your 12months is up.