Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News Feed

wickedray
Dabbler

News Feed

Hi,
Am I correct in assuming that the new "Fat" pipe and all the hype that goes with it will not improve the current usenet service?

Cheers, Ray
2 REPLIES
fonejacker
Grafter

RE: News Feed

Hi Ray,

This is correct, the ADSL Central Pipe does not affect our Usenet provision.

What exactly is the problem you are experiancing at the moment?

Just to put you in the picture, we have two usenet feeds right now:

1. usenet.plus.net - Our own original newsfeed, this has seen it's ups and downs over the years, but following a redesign is now receiving more news than ever before. We will be continuing to improve this over the next few weeks to a point where we are happy that the feed matches that of any other UK ISP.

2. extranews.plus.net - This is a temporary feed from Giganews, which while bandwidth limited is very complete and has great retention. We will not be supporting this feed once our original news feed is up to speed (It's very expensive :-))

I would be interested in your comments on the Usenet service we offer?

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
wickedray
Dabbler

RE: News Feed

Hi,

The speed mainly. I agree the giganews seems to be much better that the local usenet as far as sustaining posts is concerned but it is slow.

Cheers, Ray.

> Hi Ray,
>
> This is correct, the ADSL Central Pipe does not affect our Usenet provision.
>
> What exactly is the problem you are experiancing at the moment?
>
> Just to put you in the picture, we have two usenet feeds right now:
>
> 1. usenet.plus.net - Our own original newsfeed, this has seen it's ups and downs over the years, but following a redesign is now receiving more news than ever before. We will be continuing to improve this over the next few weeks to a point where we are happy that the feed matches that of any other UK ISP.
>
> 2. extranews.plus.net - This is a temporary feed from Giganews, which while bandwidth limited is very complete and has great retention. We will not be supporting this feed once our original news feed is up to speed (It's very expensive :-))
>
> I would be interested in your comments on the Usenet service we offer?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support