cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New webmail - getting better

Nick_Russell
Grafter

A little time ago posted this comment. Things have got much better in last few days - see below.

When you send an email from webmail there is no facility to move it from Sent folder to Inbox to enable it to be downloaded by Outlook/Outlook Express. The only way to do this seems to be to have to Forward it to yourself.

Clicking on "Go to my Inbox" is still not remembered - I have mentoned this before.

Webmail default still not "Advanced" - I have mentioned this before as well.

Is it possible to sort Address book by Last name, Firstname. I seem to get just email addresses displayed.

Time out webmail session still a few minutes requiring one to login again.

Multiple accounts - message total always shows 0.

I still like the new webmail but I feel a bit of work still needs to be done to make it more user friendly.

No of messages on other accounts - now showing correct total

Browser - now correctly opening in Advanced mode

Time out - now does not seem to be happening

Web mail - now remembers ticking of Go to my Inbox setting.

I hope you have made some changes and this is not just a lucky coincidence !!!
6 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

There is still a full time developer working ont he Webmail bug reports - These will be fixes we have rolled out recently.

Regards,

Ian
lowry
Grafter

The updated version of @Mail seemed to sort out alot of problems but I have seen very few/if any probems since the new webmail solution was rolled out as the main system.

Keep up the good work Ian & co. Smiley
matt Wink
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spoke too soon. Time out problem back again. I have raised a ticket.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Update.

Last night at home and this morning at work all seems OK regarding time out problems.

My ticket 14188327 produced a poor response suggesting problem might be anti virus software or firewall and said it could not be reproduced. Pity no-one looked at this forum "Web mail slow again" for example posted yesterday.
jberry
Grafter

Hi Nick,

We implemented a lot of bug fixes and also some issues with load balancing (whereby one of the webmail servers was being used significantly more than the other two) so if you do experience any more webmail problem then we will need them raising through link:contact us.

If you simply state that you have tried without a firewall (as this is always a possible cause) then we will investigate further.

Regards,
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Thanks for prompt response. All still OK at this time.

Please for get the "firewall" mention. There was a suggestion from one of your support staff that I should disable this to see if I still got time out problems. I was very skeptical about as I was getting the same problems at home and from my office PC.

Thanks again ....there are still a few improvements that I think would enhance the new web mail but generally speaking it looks and works fine.