cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New usage limits idea

N/A

New usage limits idea

Instead of throttling people for going over the usage cap why not give them a choice to pay for the bandwidth they have gone over by . After they reach it they then pay as they go . Would this be a better option ? i cant see no reason why it cant be done as long as the pricing is not OTT .
52 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

New usage limits idea

That is quite a good idea.
N/A

New usage limits idea

Thank you Cheesy
N/A

New usage limits idea

Thank you Cheesy
N/A

New usage limits idea

Yup, I'd go along with that idea too. I'm not a huge downloader but can't help get the feeling that there is an 'axe above my head' (no pun intended Wink ) everytime I am online. :shock:
N/A

New usage limits idea

as long as charges are reasonable I am in favour.... perhaps with the PN system emailing you "You have just chewed up 4Gb more at a cost of £x" at intervals?
Community Veteran

New usage limits idea

Fab Idea!
glyndev
Grafter

New usage limits idea

I think that this is a fantastic idea although I rarely exceed 7gig total PM.

With regards to paying for extra bandwidth I would also like to suggest that there should be 2 charging bands. A higher 1 for Peak usage over 30gig and a lower 1 for OffPeak useage over 100gig. this would be an added incentive for the heavy users to limit themselves even more to OffPeak times.
N/A

New usage limits idea

i don't like this idea.

that would introduce hard caps, which i really don't want. ok so i dont download 100GB per month, but i may on the occasion download 30GB peak, and if i was charged PAYG after that my dad would kill me
N/A

New usage limits idea

But what happens if you don't pay for extra bandwith?
Do you get kicked off or reduced to say 300k like NTL?
Brilliant Idea Smiley
Just had a look around but there are so many suggestions of this!
Look in this Forum and there is another two. Not sure if they have been declined!
N/A

New usage limits idea

i don't like this idea.

that would introduce hard caps, which i really don't want. ok so i dont download 100GB per month, but i may on the occasion download 30GB peak, and if i was charged PAYG after that my dad would kill me

We have caps... I dont care what its called but its CAPS by any other name.. accept it and move on... :roll:
N/A

New usage limits idea

they already have this its called payg and it costs £1 per gig so if use 25 gig its 25 squid [ octopus looking guy{8 arms] sometimes impersonates the british pound sign]] dont tell plusnet or they may introduce it!!! i'll take my email after 2 months apologise to them ,may even take of my cap{pun intended}, and then download my 30 gig peak and 70 gig offpeak for next 3 month and start all over again
N/A

New usage limits idea

i don't like this idea.

We have caps... I dont care what its called but its CAPS by any other name.. accept it and move on... :roll:

i have accepted it. but with the current system you have to exceed the limit more than once for really serious action - imo being charged for exceeding the limit is serious action.
shellsong
Grafter

New usage limits idea

Maybe PlusNet should seriously consider the model Nildram uses for their counterpart to the Premier account:-

50GB cap on an 8am to midnight peak with a throttle of 60kbs unless you pay an extra £1.98 per 2GB plus all you can get up to 200GB offpeak. If you don't use the full 50 GB limit in a month the difference is rolled over to the next month.

How about thinking along those lines, PlusNet?
N/A

New usage limits idea

shellsong, i think that's a good idea on the whole.

my only problem with that would be the "8am to midnight". That's too long a period in my opinion, because personally i cannot leave my PC on overnight.

I know i'm being rather selfish, but i'm sure many others can't or would refuse to leave their PCs on over night.