cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New support for Apple Mac users

N/A

This is good news in a modest way, but I would comment that it does show a simplistic view of how people use your product.

Your announcement suggests that up to now Mac users have not been able to attach which is nonsense. If you have a Modem & Router setup then it's the Router that logs into PlusNet and then any PC can connect to your router with or without wires. The attached devices can be varied and can use any sort of Operating system. I have several PCs that connect to the Internet via PlusNet; each with a different OS. This includes several different versions of Windows and Linux as well as a Mac. They have done so happily for ages, and often simultaneously.

What I would like to see is the necessity to pick just one of them dropped when raising a Ticket. I always find it mildly irritating to have to be specific when it's not relevant. I usually put Windows XP 'cos that's the one your support team will be most familiar with even though it's probably the least likely to be what I am using! I'll be on Linux, my wife has a Mac and my daughter uses Vista.

I would like to say either "Router" or "Not applicable"; what would you prefer me to put if it's a connectivity issue?
3 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

We have never said that we will not support Mac's, or that you cannot use them on our network.

What we have done is trained the entire support team on giving support to Mac users, as skill levels were greatly varied across the CSC.

In terms of what to put in the fault checker and such like, I would suggest selecting XP but explaining the full setup in the comments box, as the more information our faults guys have the quicker they can resolve things for you.
N/A

Mac Support

Thanks for tolerating a rant from a grumpy old man with good grace.

I do realise that you have never claimed not to support Mac users (sorry about the double negative), I was commenting on the impression your announcement might give to some users.

As for me; I'll stick to XP in future even tho' it's often not true!
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

I can see why the information given could be viewed like that. Bit late for the ones that have already gone out but I'll see if we can get it clarified for the newsletters going out next week.

Thanks for raising it. Smiley