Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New signup - timing

Marco
Grafter

New signup - timing

Hello

I've recommended PlusNet BB+ to a friend whose PC is arriving in 5 days time
Could she start the signup process now, before the PC arrives or does she need to have the PC in place first?

Cheers
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

New signup - timing

I always recommend whenever there is hardware to be delivered that you wait until it has actually been delivered before signing up. The same goes for buying ADSL hardware, you wait until the line is actually activated before purchase.

That way any delays in the hardware delivery or problems with the PC will not mean paying for a service you cannot use.

So get the PC in and working first then order ADSL.
MrToast
Grafter

New signup - timing

I see no reason to have a specific PC in place for sign-up... or even to use your own PC / connection to access the signup process.

Nothing was installed on my PC when I went through the process. It was left to me to enter login information and server details into my mail program.
Community Veteran

New signup - timing

PCs can be DOA, as can other hardware. Make sure the PC works first then signup and you won't be paying for a service you can't use.

There is nothing to stop the signup being done now but experience has shown me that you make sure you can use the service before ordering.
N/A

New signup - timing

HAving read all the above I wouldnt actually recommend anyone to Plusnet.