cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sign up

N/A

New sign up

I have a colleague who wants to sign up with PlusNet broadband., He went through the sign up wizard on the portal but after about a week, still never heard anything more. He then phoned CS but was told that they had no record of his sign up!!

He then asked CS if he could sign up over the phone and was told that he could not do this and could only sign up through the portal!! Is this true? I cant believe that you cannot join on the phone like all other ISP's.

He also doesnt believe in giving bank details over the internet and wanted CS to send him forms in the post so he could give his details, but again CS refused.

Could someone please look into this matter with CS, so I can pass on to him what he should do, otherwise PlusNet will loose another potential customer.

Matt
4 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

New sign up

Hi there,

We do not register customers over the phone, that much is true. We ask that they sign up on line. This is for a number of reasons really.

Firstly, accountability. If a customer fills out the online forms then they ultimately are responsible for their actions. This prevents human error on our part. Imagine if a CS representative registers an account and the customer then comes back a month later saying that it isn't the account they had asked for? We would have no concrete evidence to suggest that this was or wasn't the case.

Also, customers agree to the terms and conditions when registering. I don't know about anybody else but I shouldn't think support or customers would want to sit at the end of a phone whilst every word here was repeated.

With regards to payment. The most secure way this can be submitted is electronically via our website. Having said that, new customers can choose to pay via Direct Debit and submit a form via post instead of entering their details online.

This will delay the order by at least 7-10 days though whilst the instruction is set up.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

New sign up

Thanks Bob for your prompt reply.

I will pass on your comments to my colleague and hopefully he will try to sign up again.

But what does concern us is that why there is no record of his first attempt at signing up? He says he went through the process, which took about 10 mins or so, gave his email address and everything, but heard nothing more. CS could not even find any details of him on the system when he did phone up.

Regards

Matt
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

New sign up

HI there,

It's all real time so as soon as the order is submitted CS can access the details. The customer should also be able to login to our member centre using the details they have just registered.

Make sure your colleague isn't using pop-up blocking software because the sign-up procedure uses pop-up windows.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

New sign up

Thanks again Bob. I will talk to my colleague tomorrow and give him your advice.

Cheers

Matt