cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New rules?

N/A

New rules?

Hi folks.

I've just read in another thread about a 30Gb peak/100Gb off-peak limit being imposed on Premier accounts. Now, this is news to me. Has Plus.Net moved the goalposts again? I mean, it doesn't actually affect me so much - save for one month I don't think I've ever exceeded about 50Gb total in one month - but I'm concerned that the rules have been changed and so I could have been caught out by a rule that didn't exist when I upgraded...

...or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

John
19 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

New rules?

You'll just have to keep an eye on the forum John :lol:

And btw it's not a limit or a cap, it's just that when you reach it you get warning emails, and then are well on the way to getting throttled down to dialup speeds.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

New rules?

There are several threads already discussing this, you may want to have a look at the search funtion at the top of the forum.

The Sustainable Usage Policy is also explained fully here.

The rules haven't changed as we have been monitoring heavy usage for some time, this is just a clarification of the rules.
N/A

New rules?

jtclark

I think you might want to take Ben's comments under advisement.. ... well they are made by the company.

Yes, PN have said they had some usage problems and there was the whole fiasco of FUP (which I thought was good but thats another issue).

Yes, PN have introduced SUP and I think they emailed us all to tell us.

Yes, PN HAVE introduced in effect what amount to limits. You can breach them but they will deal with it in their inimitable way.

So YES, PN HAVE changed the rules. Personally I dont mind and can see why.. its just the lame way they went about it that was the ballsup
N/A

In fairnes...

In fairness, I don't use it so much to be at risk - I had a 75Gb month but that was the exception, rather than the rule. The last couple of months have been around 15Gb, so I'm ok, but rather concerned that the next goalpost-move might affect me.

I'm still very much better off on a Premier 2Mb than a Lite and paying for those Gb, so I'm not so worried for now...

John
N/A

New rules?

Hi John.

I am not sure if you have read Plus Nets vision for the future article.

This should hopefully give you an indication of where they are heading and perhaps will alleviate any concerns which you may have.

Hope it helps.
N/A

New rules?

+Net this is a classic example where your policy to not tell the whole customer base about the SUP changes fails, and I'm sure it will keep happening for other Premier subscribers. jtclark was sensible enough to query it but only due to good luck, as he saw another thread which mentioned it. How many other users are going to breach the SUP one month and then get a warning email, then get annoyed as they had no idea about it and possibly leave because of it?
N/A

New rules?

Boycies, I honestly think they don't want such customers. I certainly don't feel wanted. Now, I would have thought that only taking 5% of my usage in peak periods would actually be something they WOULD want but it does seem that they are more than happy for people to vote with their feet. Cry
N/A

New rules?

Yep I agree. Point is they have plenty of subscribers who signed up to what they believed to be an unmetered account and are none the wiser to the new rules. Unless they've read these forums or the well hidden SUP guidelines.
N/A

New rules?

What does it matter what we signed up for?

T&Cs say they can change whenever they want and we can only vote with feet. Thing is.. I'm actually not unhappy with where they are going... just how they chose to do it....
N/A

New rules?

It matters because thats what you signed up for and expect to receive.

Again I agree, I also understand where they're coming from and what they have to do, to keep a sustainable network running. They way they have done it, as you say has been poor.

Yes their T&C's allow them to move the goalposts, something else that I dont agree with. Why ISPs are exempt to other service providers is beyond me. But +net always had a good repution for meeting the customers needs, and then all of a sudden, everything is changed in favour of revenue models and maximum profit. This is not good for the customer anymore.
JonathanW
Grafter

New rules?

Hi,

The SUP hasn't been introduced to increase profit. It has been introduced in order to improve the service for the 99% of customers who aren't using an unustainable ammount of traffic each month.
N/A

New rules?

Hi,

I'm not sayin the SUP is.

We're talking about the way it was introduced and how it might possibly affect OPs who are still unaware that it exists.
N/A

Broadband Premier restrictions

I purchased Plusnet because there were no restrictions on usage. I have now been informed my usage is to high and restrictions have been put in place. I am now looking for new supplier , any suggestions ?
Community Veteran

New rules?

ADSLguide.org