cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router, better line stats - will my MSR/BRAS change?

N/A

I just upgraded from my old Vigor 2600We to a Vigor 2800VG and to my surprise my line stats have improved.

Prior to the router upgrade the SNR was 6-8dB and Att 19.5dB, these figures are now 13 and 13.5 (current line sync 7616/832, MSR 7000).

I read that the line monitoring is not just for the first 10 days (the line was maxed a month ago) and that it's continuous, does anyone know with the improvement in my line stats whether I'm likely to see the MSR/BRAS rate being reset - and whether interleaving will be removedHuh
2 REPLIES
Nocturne
Grafter

See my post

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42774

as I understand your Stable Rate after the 10 day Trial is only used by BT in terms of fault investigation.

IE they won't pursue a drop in speed as a potential fault unless you cannot synch at that rate minus 40% [or higher.]

I don't think there is any other significance in that value.

If you can maintain a higher synch rate for 3 days you will stay at that higher speed until such time it it drops for whatever reason.

You then start the cycle again.

Not sure about interleaving.

Hope that helps and makes sense.
N/A

I did a very similar thing 4 days ago. Whilst my max rate on the PN pages has jumped after 3 days to 6k with the new modem and I always now sync at 8k+ Interleaving is still on. My SNR has always been in double figures with the new modem.