Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New referrals and migrations offers

Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

I just wanted to make you all aware of a new offer we've introduced for referrals this morning, which you can find more information on here.

With this and the new no-risk guarantee for migrations we are putting our money where our mouth is and showing that we are committed to giving you a service worth recommending. Smiley

Any questions, give us a shout and we'll be around all day to answer them.
26 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Hi all.

Not fishing for compliments or anything Tongue but I would be very interested in seeing your feedback and hearing your thoughts on our new offers.

You guys absolutely help to shape the products and services which we offer and through feedback from the forum communities you can help us make the changes and improvements which you guys need.

I look forward to the debate.
Community Veteran

Ok lets start the ball rolling on this one.
Question. Does this new sytem completely replace the old referal one where you receive a set reduction in your bill every month, or will the exting one still be retained for referals already completed.??

edit: typo corrected
Community Veteran

Hi John.

No this is in addition to the existing scheme. The bonus will be paid in addition to the current monthly referral values.
Community Veteran

Nice one Mark Smiley In that case I can find little wrong with it.

My personal view is that Plusnet have now turned the corner from that awful period when suport was unreachable and is now heading the correct way to get back to the fine ISP it once was.
I just hope that the lessons learned from those black days will be remembered and the trend to getting back to the pinnicle continues.
Community Veteran

Following on from previous discussions. Do referral credits on the new system keep getting paid each month whilst ever the new customer is on a paying product or are they dependent on an actual payment in the month like the old system?
Community Veteran

The payment credits and how the operate have not changed. The 'new' bit is the one-off payment you now get after the referee has been connected for 90 days (3 months).
Community Veteran

Just wondered due to this statement

You'll also get a discount on your subscription for every month that they're a PlusNet customer. Tell enough people and you can earn free broadband, or even make a monthly profit!

on this page http://www.plus.net/referrals/offer.shtml This implies the amount will be paid irrespective of Plusnet waiving a months fee to a customer.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) URL to referals page corrected to make it work.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The referral credit is generated every month because if your referee signs up and chooses the 90 day trial they'll still pay the subscription fee during the first 90 days as normal so it creates the referral token as normal each month.
Community Veteran

Plusnet don't waive a months fee with the new offer, that was with the old offer of 1 month free whch the 90 day offer replaces. The new customer continues to pay their monthly fees during the 90 days and each time they pay you get a referral credit.
Community Veteran

I was more thinking of the situation highlighted on the community forum where a person as there fee waived for a month due to the problems they had with their connection. In this situation on the old system the referrer did not received a credit for that month.
Community Veteran

As I said above, the referral credit system has not changed with the new offer, it still works in exactly the same way as before. All the new offer does is give a 90 day trial period and a one-off payment if they stay for 90 days.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I was more thinking of the situation highlighted on the community forum where a person as there fee waived for a month due to the problems they had with their connection. In this situation on the old system the referrer did not received a credit for that month.

As Peter says this isn;t the case under this offer but in general terms this shouldn't happen as this is one reason we don't adjust billing dates any more.
Community Veteran

In which case the statement I posted earlier is incorrect and would suggest that it is amended accordingly to avoid future confusion.
Community Veteran

Referral credits can only be applied as invoices are generated and marked as paid. Were an invoice is not generated, it is not possible to apply a credit. In addition to this, only one set of tokens can be generated against any one invoice.

Taken from this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=133.0

This is the reason I asked my earlier questions and feel the statement on the referrals pages is in accurate.