LiamM
Grafter

New "View My Usage"?

I would advise looking here :

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27040

Would seem to suggest that the VMU is being launched in the early hours,
N/A

New "View My Usage"?

"Sorry, it was a poor attempt at humour" (name the film!)

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Full quote of preceeding post removed as generally this is deemed un-necessary]
LiamM
Grafter

New "View My Usage"?

Hmm.... no idea.....
N/A

New "View My Usage"?

Die Hard 3 - Jeremy Irons talking to Samuel L Jackson

"What's yaw name, boy?"

"Who you callin' boy?"

"I'm sorry ... etc"

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Full quote of preceeding post removed as generally this is deemed un-necessary]
titch
Dabbler

View Usage View Where Is It Then

Well then it's Thursday 14th April the scheduled update should be complete. FUP Has kicked in so where is the View My Usage change then.
wheelnut
Grafter

New "View My Usage"?

Well its 07:43 on 14th April and counting ...... still waiting for my usage to be reset and switch to new VMU! ... obviously a few major teething troubles!
Highlighted
suec45
Grafter

New "View My Usage"?

Me too, My usage is still going up and its 7:45am, This shouoldnt be added to my limit!

Smiley
N/A

New "View My Usage"?

Patience my young padiwan's, the days still young yet..

Look at it this way;
The longer you wait for it to arrive the more you can download before your BW gets reset.

Or look at it cross eyed with your tongue hanging out & your nose scrunched up Cheesy
N/A

New "View My Usage"?

i asked about this last week and was told it would all be up and running, this seems pretty unfair to me at the moment!
N/A

New "View My Usage"?

Sometimes when I take my car to the garage it has been harder to fix than expected & has taken the engineer longer.

Such is life.

How on earth can it be "unfair" if it extends the amount of your downloadability (coo, new word Cheesy ).

When someone says "in a minute" to you, do you start tapping your foot & counting the seconds upto 60?

Have patience people, it will arrive when it arrives. Otherwise it won't arrive & we can still use the current one.

Do you really think that PN are going to be able to base any FUP usage on the current VMBU that does not differentiate between the time or direction of data flow?

Breath in, count to 10. breath out. (oh heck, 6 cronic asthmatics just collapsed Cheesy )

And don't forget to Smiley
N/A

New "View My Usage"?

I would of thought they would have introduced it at 8am, i.e. the beginning of the peak hours. Not that it makes a difference in the hour rules are in the system, but it would have been a logical starting point.
N/A

New "View My Usage"?

Do you really think that PN are going to be able to base any FUP usage on the current VMBU that does not differentiate between the time or direction of data flow?

I wouldn't put that past them!

This is beginning to look like a bit of a mess. They should have had this in place quite a while ago, so people could get used to it without the penalty.

This FUP and obvious lack of planning, the arrogant staff, etc is just more and more reasons not to recommend PlusNet any more.

I used to recommend them to everyone I knew who wanted broadband, not anymore. NEVER AGAIN! Sad

You may ask what I mean my arrogant staff, well in good companies the customer is right but in bad ..... To explain a bit more, take a look at the forums - the moment that someone complains by saying that the product they signed up for was unlimited - they basically call you liars and start saying that they will enforce the contract that they have manipulated to the point of extreme!!! Not very good customer relations at all.

A very unhappy customer! Probabily a typical one....

-Anthony
csogilvie
Grafter

New "View My Usage"?

Considering it has been said that people's bandwidth usage would be reset to 0, and that VMBU would be rolled out before the FUP came into force, I doubt theres anything to worry about ATM. IIRC hte announcement yesterday said that it was just in preperation for the launch in the maintenance overnight.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New "View My Usage"?

It was running in the early hours then changed back to the old system again.