cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "Title bar" on the F9 website

N/A

Whoever is working on redevelopment of the "Title bar" section of the webpages might want go and read a couple of webpage about the choice of approriate fonts.

"Residential, Business, Member Centre, Help & Support..." etc now appear fuzzy at best.

"Upgrade, Logout, E-mail" appear to have been cut off at the knees

and "GO" just looks pathetic.

Of course, these are just my opinions :twisted:
17 REPLIES
N/A

i like it... works ok on mine machine... but... what about fixing the forums pages first, instead of moving on to something else!
N/A

The new title bar shows you where F9's priorities are, Ohh!! Yes! new title bar is far more important than fixing a portal page display problem that affects 98% of F9 users who view the portal but hay!! our title bar is far more important than that!! Its like being savaged by a dead sheep as someone once said!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ivan
N/A

So your saying the "L" of Logout, "S" of Help & Support and the "E" of E-mail don't look like they're missing the bottom row of pixels on your screen?

You're saying it doesn't look like someone accidently hit <Ctrl-B> and made everything BOLD when it shouldn't be?

You're saying that the "s"'s of Residential and Business don't look disproportionately big in the middle and thin at the top and bottom?

You're saying the "r" in Member Centre, Help & Support and Upgrade doesn't look like an i where the dot has fallen off the top and settled just down and to the right?

-OR-

Are you saying you see all this and prefer it?

and don't get me started about the gaudy primary colours that now form part of the rollovers for these buttons :lol:

Plus you've got a background bar that is shaded to give a tubular 3d perspective (especially with the "C" style divider to the left of Upgrade) - yet the rollovers are flat, square and monotone (and garish, as previous mentioned).
N/A

Sorry,,,, i just had to laugh when i was reading that! quality!

LOL!!!

What i am saying... i prefer it... it looks nice
ukbrown
Grafter

Some parts of the site don't display in IE7 properly. e.g. the discussion forums
N/A

why's everyone complaining Smiley

what get's me is they have time to sort out the menu bar, but they can't sort out the display problem for the forums can they....

come on f9 - fix it will you
JonathanW
Grafter

The fix for the forums not displaying properly is something that is being worked on, and is still at the testing phase. The change to the title bar across the top of the page was something put together by the content team, and is part of the portal search improvements.
N/A

why's everyone complaining Smiley

i am not complaining - like you - i want the forum fixed.
N/A

the new tool bars definately an improvement and looks nice on IE7 Tongue
N/A

The fix for the forums not displaying properly is something that is being worked on, and is still at the testing phase.

Yaaaaaaaawn. And so it has been for two weeks. Boooooring!!! What we want is a fix, not excuses :twisted: :twisted:
N/A

how about a fully customise able task bar? Tongue
N/A

Hi,

Frankly I dont give a stuff about a new title/task bar its unimportant in the extreme, the priority definately should be a fix for the portal pages (forum) display problem. I couldnt give a fig about IE7 I'm only concerned that the pages fail to display in my current IE6 browser (the one 95-98% of people use to view these forums). IE7 is a future problem NOT a current one for most people.

Come on techies pull your fingers out of the playstation (or online movies or counter strike game) and get this **igging display problem sorted. Goude!! how many times does one have to ask?? along with everyone else shouting equally loudly too. For Pete's sakes!!

Ivan
N/A

Well IE7 is basically a copy of Firefox IMO.

but yeah this prob NEEDS to be fixed, table realign?
N/A

the priority definately should be a fix for the portal pages (forum) display problem. I couldnt give a fig about IE7 I'm only concerned that the pages fail to display in my current IE6 browser (the one 95-98% of people use to view these forums). IE7 is a future problem NOT a current one for most people.

Correct. IE7 is only in beta testing, so probably about another 6 months before MS release it for the general public to use (and it's crap too, much prefer IE6).

Mark