Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New product announcement on Tuesday?

passer
Grafter

It occurred to me -

All in all it's been a pretty dire weekend. A browse through the threads must make painful reading for the PlusNet management team. There's been a major network disruption of some sort which has led to a flood of complaints, and their customer service response has been pretty dismal, even by its own low standards. Customer after customer describing what is clearly a network issue, and being subjected to the cut-and-paste response from what looks like a poorly manned CS team. They seem unable to grasp the simple fact that if you tell people up front that there is a known major problem, they'll go away and let you fix it.

So - on Tuesday we're expecting an announcement about the new product range, and let's face it, this is unlikely to be along the lines of: "Cheaper, faster, higher limits, less throttling, more CS staff on a freephone number".

Gonna be a long week at PlusNet Towers :lol:
115 REPLIES
N/A

Ill have to admit I'M tempted to move over to a new isp's new product range,

I have been with pn for years and although I understand that all isp's will in the end have to place some kind of limits on bandwitdh I have been rather miffed to the way pn have handled it.
(I only use 2/3 gig a month)
I'M suffering from a lack of confidence. and its getting worse.

At this time I have stayed with pn due to the good service I have had in the past and the view of better the devil you know etc
I have moved my web space over to another isp that also does hosting accounts and have been very impressed with their support so far, the only thing keeping me here at the moment is the hastle of having a new isp mail address.
All them accounts scattered around the web would need changeing :shock:

But the way pn continues to hit my confidence levels then I cant see any option left for me.

I have never seen an isp have so many problems with e-mail and web space. when I look at all the updates and up grades going on I wonder whats happening. do they need so many due to old equipment or is it a grand experiment in management sofware that keeps going wrong.

I have been plaged by problems for a while, things like disconects and bad gameing experiences due to lag and its seems never ending. (lag seems ok at the moment) :?

Ill see how it goes over the next few weeks and then ill think again about it
N/A

Maybe PlusNet should be a little more honest with what you get for your money, it was PlusNet who pushed BB+ and were very economical with the truth of what you get for your 14.99

""For the vast majority of people's needs the Broadband Plus account is more than adequate.

Although P2P is a bit slower on Plus, it can still be used. Also if you are downloading an MP3 from a website then this won't be affected.""

Myself I've always had a Premier account but what I get now is vastly different to what I used to get and it's hardly "Premier" in anything but name

Lets hope PlusNet's announcement about the new product range is clear and precise and they'll have the tools for customers to be able to see the different apps and usage
I understand the need for limits, I'm not happy with the way products restrictions etc change so frequently it's so hard follow so many changes in such a short time span
The P2P peak-time "clean allowance" is never clean it's always throttled due to lack of spare capacity hence slowdowns always occur on P2P Usenet and FTP
Community Veteran

Where is the onfo about new packages being launched on Tuesday? Less than a couple of weeks ago we where told the expect an annonucement re: p2p; usenet etc if I'm not mistaken. I'm still looking at the announcement fourms for that posting.

addr4 like you I have premier and only use 2 to 3 gb per month it the approach pnet have used that has annoyed me. I'll wait to see the new packages and see where I'll go though I'm not holding my breath.

A
N/A

Where is the onfo about new packages being launched on Tuesday?

It was suggested as a likely date by Ian Wild (Plusnet staff) on ADSL Guide.
It's been described as a "product refresh" and the announcement was originally planned for last Monday, but delayed.
aeroalfie
Grafter

"product refresh"
I imagine the new products will be about as refreshing as a dog turd!
sisgroup
Grafter

aeroalfie that has to be named the quote of the day you hit the nail right on the head hard with a lump hamer :lol:
N/A

Has any information been released on this yet?
JonathanW
Grafter

Nothing has been realsed about this yeat. But once it is, expect to see something in the announcements forum and a post in here to discuss everything.
N/A

Thanks John,

Are we likely to see anything today? I've just received my MAC, and I'm stalling on using it before I've seen the announcement, just wondering if we'll see something soon ?
JonathanW
Grafter

Looking at it, we're going to hold off on announcing the new products after the events of this morning. We want to ensure that the platform is stable again and that customers are getting the broadband experience that they should be.
N/A

Oh, good - ignorance is bliss! No, I'm just playing devil's advocate - I understand that you want to have all guns focussed on dealing with problems should they recur. Still, this morning when I got up and realised I had no Internet access, I just went back to bed - I just knew I'd not be able to get any work done. Oh the joys of working at home. I virtually felt a prisoner when I was trying to work on the weekend - still, got some offline work done instead (cleaning Wink)

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

We want to ensure that the platform is stable again

I would have thought you would use this opportunity to cheer us all up with some good news.

It is going to be good news, isn't it :?:

:idea:

:roll:

Cry
N/A

going by PN track record as from december i'll bet my bottom dollar it will be bad...
N/A

Ian Wild, PlusNet Support, has stated on ADSL Guide:

As a result of this, we have decided to delay our product refresh launch until next week................

Link

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): [Shortened url as it was stretching the page]