cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New pipe - when?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

New pipe - when?

As March is getting close, is there any firmer date as to when in March the new pipe will come on line?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
6 REPLIES
James
Grafter

New pipe - when?

Not currently. I'll see if I can get some further details.
avalon
Grafter

New pipe - when?

I'd guess 21st as that is when Entanet are due to have their new central go live. I'm not suggesting Plusnet are an Enta reseller, only that it would make sense for BT to combine the installations into Telehouse. But then again when did BT ever do things the efficient way. :roll:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

New pipe - when?

By the end of this week? Linky

I emailed Ian Wild earlier, here is his response that you may find useful:

"Yep - See service status - It's pretty broken for Plus customers right now, although to be fair the experience on a £14.99 before was probably much to good, at the expense of people who pay more / pay per gigabyte.

Anyway, hopefully we will have the extra bandiwdth in before the weekend, and the entire problem will go away. Following that, we will be able to move towards WBC and 21CN, and then while the problem won't ever go away totally, things should at least be sustainable for us, and a lot less sustainable for ISPs who can't access WBC for one reason or another."

But then in a famous PM Ian did say just a few months back that extra bandwidth could be brought on stream very quickly as it was just a case of "throwing a cable over".
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

New pipe - when?

Well at the time that was the case because there fibre already layed, but at some point during the ensuing period BT redeployed the fibre for use elsewhere and this pipe has needed some new fibre connecting up.
Community Veteran

New pipe - when?

Roughly translated that means that some Bankers around Docklands will be inconvenienced while BT dig up the road. Cheesy

Chilly
Ianwild
Grafter

New pipe - when?

By the end of this week? Linky

Well - you never know what could happen, but an important lesson about email was just learnt - I'd have been more careful in my wording, but the poster has the same name as an old schoolfriend of mine and I completely didn't register that it was someone different. As I say, you live and learn.

I wasn't actually referring specifically to new pipes here (Although I wouldn't rule out that we may be able to get them in sooner than planned). As Dave said we have a number of avenues that we are following as a matter of urgency on this as we are aware of the need to act quickly, especially with the ongoing sessions issues. I can be as hopeful as you like that something can happen this week - It's certainly not a statement of fact though and should not be read as such. If we do have any specific news it will go to PUG first and the forums next...

Regards,

Ian