cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New month -usage not re-set properly.

N/A

I've just gone into a new billing month and I've looked at my usage and it seems wrong:

Peak-time usage so far this month: 17.98MB (this is about right)

Usage so far this month: 91.83GB (def not right, the new month only started today and I've not done any downloading!?!?)

Does it take a while to re-set or is this just wrong?

cheers.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Give it another day as the scripts to do the resetting can get behind.

I started my new billing period today but only my peak time amount has been reset, my usage has not which is strange.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There's two seperate scripts that run at slightly different times, one that does the billing and one that resets the usage. Give it a few hours and it should show up correctly.
N/A

cheers Cool
grwjs

I am on PAYG with a 1G watch limit. On two occassions I have entered a new period and hit the limit - no browsing or email out allowed, whilst usage stats showed nothing untowards with only a few meg. After waiting 2 days with no luck tried adjusting the limit upwards which released activity and then set the limit back down to 1G.

I shouldn't have to puzzle and solve these problems. It was only after those 2days being blocked from the net that I deduced that this new month's usage added to last month's usage had tripped the limit.

Also part of my confusion is not knowing time-wise exactly when my new month begins. Is it 00.01, 08.00, 12.00? No one has ever told me even though I have asked the support team.
N/A

Hi,

There's two seperate scripts that run at slightly different times, one that does the billing and one that resets the usage. Give it a few hours and it should show up correctly.

Hi Dave

These scripts are a pain to be brutally honest. PAYG lite customers who use the limit tool, get penalised because the scripts don't work in unison with each other.

Would it be possible to have the updating of your usage - approaching the end of each billing month - set to refresh every minute; the customer will not then be inconvenienced by two scripts that run at slightly different times.

See this thread for an example.

Thank you
N/A

i think i've heard there working to replace them with something new.

I think the usenet/p2p 1 is actually in the process of being replaced

Not sure though