cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New month and restrictions still applied to my account

mrcook
Grafter

I am billed on the 6th of each month yet I still have the unannounced restrictions applied to p2p. Spoke to CS and sometimes accounts don't get reset for a few days, funny how restrictions are imposed immediately but they seem unable to lift them on time. I've even played by their rules, plusnet are cheats and liers and what they are doing if fraud.
Plusnet really are the pits I hope the class action case against them works.
12 REPLIES
N/A

My billing date is today - as its a Sunday I didn't expect any change today - downloading/uploading at the usual 6/8 kb/s for day time use for the last 2-3 weeks. Drops to 0/1 after approx. 6pm, which is nice.

Imagine my suprise when I glanced at the machine around 1.30pm and this figure steadily increased to 50/60 kb/s, not top, but as a starving, drowning man I'll take it! Cheesy

Approx. 1.50pm it dropped back to its usual figure - I thought it was to good to be true and spookily enough I was right. Cry

Can we assume that their starting to tease or are they fiddling with something??

I have been trying to download something for 2 1/2 weeks now and for 20 special min. it seemed like it was going to be today.

Wonder how long its going to take now i'm on my billing date (it is a Sunday mind)?
N/A

You're not the only one. My totals were reset yesterday and my peak traffic is zero. I am stilling getting abysmal d/l and u/l speeds on p2p. I wish I could see the funny side to this.

Mark
N/A

I'm trying to look on the bright side of this (besides me head hurts from banging it against a wall) as I've only been with PN for 5 months and its going to cost me to jump - let's be honest, after the the last 3 weeks I would have gone if there wasn't a financial penalty.

The more I read the more clear it seems that PN do not want P2P customers.

Any chance of an "amnesty" so can go without a penalty - they can have their hardware back!

Had an email today that my payment will be taken on the 10th, so I'm assuming I'll be able to use my broadband for what God intended 2/3 days after that?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

At the moment the changing of profiles is a manual process so it may take some time before you can get full speeds again.

We are working to automate this as soon as we can so it will be done instantaneously.
N/A

Thanks Ben
N/A

I'm giving serious consideration to moving ISP's. I recently recommended PlusNet to a friend and they had terrible problems getting connected in the first place. My level of service from dropped connections, pathetic speeds and mediocre customer support mean I feel its no longer prudent me staying here.

The cost of leaving PlusNet doesn't concern me. All I want it a good service and its a crying shame PlusNet have degraded so much in the past few months as I was chuffed with themn when I started. Now they've turned into a total demmick. Sad
N/A

At the moment the changing of profiles is a manual process so it may take some time before you can get full speeds again.

We are working to automate this as soon as we can so it will be done instantaneously.

Unfortunately, it does seem rather unusual that the complex business of traffic management has been setup to run automatically but the (presumably) rather less complex task of resetting a profile still needs to be done manually. This reminds me of the shadey practise the banks use to delay payments getting through the system, even if the electronic transfer takes a matter of micro seconds.

Mark
JonathanW
Grafter

Actually, all of the shaping introduced in the Updated Vision is carried out as part of a manual process, as we are working on building the automation for this. So at the same time as someone is reset during the day, other people might be having shaping applied if they have exceeded one of the usage thresholds.
N/A

Well, according to Peter Vaughan, one of your chaps I presume, it is automated.

The implementation of traffic management on an account is automated, it's only the reseting to a clear profile after your billing date that is manual. Thus the information about 8am -> midnight peak traffic figures are not easily obtainable by CS, hence your reply.

Yet again, further conflicting information. This is like a Pinter play Sad

Mark
N/A

What totally confuses me about all this is for 12 months + before 2 weeks ago I never even considered pn slow in any way shape or form so why do we now need to be protected from each other - or is it simply down to total cost of bandwidth to PN.

I also see no-one is turning around from plusnet and saying no you've all got it wromg - no peak doesn't start at 8am -no we don't have a public SUP and an un-official hidden one - no we weren't breaching contract law by the way we attempt to change contract - no we don't want you to go
JonathanW
Grafter

Well, according to Peter Vaughan, one of your chaps I presume, it is automated.

Peter doesn't actually work for PlusNet.

The shaping, once it is in place, is all automatic. Its the determination of which profile an account should be on that's a manual process. This includes resetting someone to clean and also switching them between levels.
N/A

automated or not it dont make it right.
6 days after my new billing date i have been put under management.
I was never told of the new usage rules.
disgusted.