cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New look portal

N/A

New look portal

One word describes it. YUCK!!!

How "in your face" everything looks and my resolution is sett to 1024x 768, God knows how it would look to anyone with a smaller screen (unless it has been designed to adapt).

The first thing I noticed was a message stating my ticket had been updated, although I had received no email. I checked, just in case the email notification had now been withdrawn only to find the same comments as yesterday.

On the Account Details section it shows my account fully paid by chequeHuh I use direct debit and was not aware that payment by cheque was a valid payment method.

Not impressed it has to be said, it may grow on me but probably not.

Mark
9 REPLIES
N/A

New look portal

i like most of the improvments, like the ANNOUNCEMENT section! - lets hope it stays upto date.

one thing i dont like.... where is contact us! - unless i am blind - i cant see it at all!

Edit .... Found it (under help, then contact us)

Also the telephone number has been removed from the bottom of the page? why?
N/A

New look portal

Just logged into the portal again and got the "ticket has een updated" message agin. IT HASN'T!! Is there a problem with the cookie that is supposed to be set?

Mark
Ben_Brown
Grafter

New look portal

There seems to be a problem with the new member centre not picing up if people pay by Direct Debit, I'll get this looked into.
N/A

New look portal

And always telling you that the ticket has been updated when it hasn't!!!

Mark
N/A

New look portal

Hello,

One of the things I continue to dislike about the Plusnet F9 Portal is the amount of advertising but there again F9 are NOT especially bad either. I've seen some ISP sites wich are dreadful like a flashing xmas tree's all lit up.

The changes that have been made recently seem OK and in line with others that have been made previously & IMO I cannot say it either improves nor makes any worse the portal as it was before. But its good to see some development is going on through.

Ivan
N/A

New look portal

I am really thinking about bookmarking the forums and missing out the portal completely now. Every time I come to the portal, a message tells me my ticket has been udated when it hasn't. I see you have fixed the payment method, what is being done about this problem?

Mark
astarsolutions
Grafter

New look portal

I like the new portal, everything is well laid out and easy to find.
And as ukfmonline said where has the telephone number gone, I found that useful; in an emergency you don't want to be searching around the about or contact pages for a phone number.

One thing I would like to see is targeted adds at the top of the page, I keep getting adds for services that I am already on or that are lower than my current package.
Also it would be good if we could turn off types of adds such as the BBC News one which is on my screen now, if i want to know what is going on i certainly won't go the F9's site I would go to the BBC's site and get the same information but without having to login.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

New look portal

Hi,

We've added the number to the Contact Us page, so it should be easy to spot.

Regarding the banners, I'm sure we can do something, will ask about it. The BBC content though I believe is a little different through the BBC player rather than off the BBC site, I think there's some stuff that's only for UK broadband users.
astarsolutions
Grafter

New look portal

The BBC news bit is the same but the TV show information i hadn't seen before.
Although all this and more is available to anyone for free on Zen's site
http://www.zenbroadband.com/bbc.aspx
And they don't have the outdated Spooks link!

I really like F9 and the service they offer but they do seem to be slipping a bit, they should be ahead of the competition offering bigger and better things.