cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

stathe
Grafter

New customer

Only connected on Monday and have found the help phone line leaves a lot do be desired, long waits and little advice . I was previously with Freeserve Dial up who would talk you through a problem My voyager 105 modem connects at start up , but wont stay connected, I am presnted with Error 680 and if not that error 678 when both lights on the modem are on .Should I not get better results i will have to give up plusnet
24 REPLIES
N/A

New customer

Hi there,

Welcome to the boards.

When you connect your modem, is the link light staying steady or is it flashing?

Have you managed to connect at all since you were activated?

Are all telephone points including Sky filtered?

Lastly, are you using the correct username to log on i.e username@plusdsl.net?
Community Veteran

New customer

Mark, I think the OP has come in from dailup not BB, hence new activation.
N/A

New customer

migrated replaced by activated. Cheers D Smiley
stathe
Grafter

New customer

Hello thank you for your interest The link light flashes at first and if it connects stays steady, I would like it to stay connected but it usualy disconnects after a short while. My user name is my login name@plusdsl.net? I was connected when I started this and it has disconnected and has reconected and although both lights are on it is now rejecting user name and password re-typed password , O.K Then error 678 no answer
I have four telephone points 3 filtered and one not used at all I will now send it but may need to re connect to do so Has connected so will send
N/A

New customer

OK,

First place that needs checking is your internal setup.

Have a read through this tutorial and let us know how you get on.

I know that self diagnosis can, at times, seem to be a pain. But it is necessary to do a number of checks before a problem can be escalated and there are many poosible causes. The obvious ones need to eliminated first.
holdtight
Grafter

New customer

Ive recently had exactly the same symptoms as you are describing when a friend asked me to look at their setup because it wouldnt stay connected, the connection dropped at exactly four minute intervals

It turned out after much swearing to be an internal wiring issue with a phone that went upstairs which was connected to the back of the main BT box (out of sight up through the walls hence the swearing) so this would be the first place i would start looking

start from scratch and disconnect everything else except your modem and filter untill you find what the problem is

As Mark has suggested reading through the tutorial can be of great help when trying to diagnose a problem
stathe
Grafter

New customer

Going for aride on my bicycle now will have another go when I return, hav had to connect again to send, Should I expect it to stay connected until I disconnect
stathe
Grafter

New customer

The problems are still there and on reconnections get error 734 thePPK link etc or the 678 no answer sometimes 691 password etc. My phone wires and plugs are hard wired from my loft from two boxes one grey where the line comes in and another black one. I have tried with just the modem connected from the computer . When the modem is working ( two lights ) I can get the B.T digital demo site. At this very moment all is working. Where can I find the eror numbers explained Thank You. Oh dear It was , but is now gone only one green light and needs to connect to get in sync again . I was unable to do the second test
bt_test_user@adsl_ Thanks for interest
N/A

New customer

Hi there,

To eliminate your internal wiring, I would recommend finding your BT master socket and connecting your equipment there for test purposes.

Black and grey boxes sound odd.

Is your phone wiring quite old by any chance?
N/A

New customer

To clarify Mark's point - the main BT one has a horizontal line across it, and more often than not carries the BT logo in the upper corner.

All plain boxes without logos and lines across them are internal extensions.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

New customer

Something like this:

Phil
N/A

New customer

Aye - summat like that! - Cheers Wink
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

New customer

Hi,

Looking at your connection logs I can see the connection connecting and disconnecting quite a bit.
Try the master socket as suggested above and see if that helps.

I'd also suggest reading through

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10

and

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

to see if anything helps.
stathe
Grafter

New customer

I have one box with B.T on it miles away in the kitchen. One with a T on, with one side of the top of the T in Dots and the other 2 just plain ,the little circle on top right has nothing in it The boxes I originaly refered to are in the loft where the line comes in ,it is in fact a white box with a similar T on it ,one wire goes to kitchenT dot box. I presume this is the main socket, other to a black plain oblong box three leads come from that I presume to other sockets, one of which is in my office where the computer is . Would B.T quote me for sorting it out ?? and put main plug in the office do you think, any advice apreciated E
I notice now that as soon as Itry to send the DSL light on the modem goes and I have to connect again