Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer with a few problems

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New customer with a few problems

Hi there,

I sign up yesterday and I realised I have done a few mistakes while doing so.
My domain name for a start. I know that the form says that it would be impossible to change the domain name once it is submitted, I guess I want confirmation of this as it is not the domain name I wanted in the first place. If confirmation, I've got only myself to blame.

Next : my nickname on this forum. Is it possible to change my nickname at all? I never give my full name on any forums, and I am a bit nervous about that.

Regards
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: New customer with a few problems

Hi Sophie,

From your account details it doesn't look like you have registered a domain yet, so are free to register the one you want (provided it is available of course).

To change your name on the forums, at the top of each forum there should be a menu, click on "Account Settings" and you can change your nickname here.

Kind regards

Luke Horwath

PlusNet Support
Community Veteran

> Hi Sophie,
>
> From your account details it doesn't look like you have registered a domain yet, so are free to register the one you want (provided it is available of course).
>
> To change your name on the forums, at the top of each forum there should be a menu, click on "Account Settings" and you can change your nickname here.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Luke Horwath
>
> PlusNet Support

I dont think she is talking about a domain name but rather the login name that she selected.
if that is the case then it depends what type of account you have. if its a connect account then I am afraid you are stuck with it.
if however it is a pay as you go one where you only pay the internet charges then you can just set up another account in a better login name and let the old one get removed after a period of none use.

And yes as Luke has said you can change your nickname easily using the account settings at the top of the forum page.

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

Hi Sophie,

Please let me know if I can offer any further assistance in this matter.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
rikmoncur
Grafter

same here. My login name is my name and it's a real giveaway! If I visit a site with a hit tracker, my name sticks out like a sore thumb. When I was on a dialup with freeserve I'd show up as something obscure like modem-81-10-60-62.pol.com
Now I'm leaving dirty great footprints all over the internet and privacy, if it was an issue with me, is non existant.
If I'd known this at the beginning I'd have signed up as userxyz123.