cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New billing month, Still throttled?

N/A

Right, i'm a BB+ user, and over the course of last month, my line got progressively slower, all the way down to 128Kbps

My billing month runs through to Jan 10th

As such, I was expecting today to have a full speed 1MB line again... Not the case. What's the deal? Am I permanently on 128Kbps now?

Also, i'm really starting to feel incredibly dissatisfied with what i'm receiving. I don't want this to turn into a thread lambasting me for being peeved with what i'm getting, but my issue is that I feel kind of stuck. I can't change ISP (12 month contract) and Broadband Premier doesn't appeal to me. I've not looked into PAYG, but could that be a solution? Bearing in mind I use about 11GB // month, how much is that likely to cost on PAYG?

So yeah, two questions there really, any help appreciated.
7 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

It's been posted lots of times elsewhere that they are having to process the resetting of these profiles manually so it can take a couple of days I'm afraid and I would have thought your usage indicates moving to Premier unless you want to fork out a bit more on PAYG plus a £14.99 downgrade fee for a cleaner service!

(PAYG is £14.99 with 1GB and £1/GB thereafter)
Community Veteran

It would appear that the script kiddies like to take your money first and then think about giving you back some precious bandwidth!
N/A

its a manual process. takes 24/36 hours.

if you dont like it, either a) tough b) wait for plusnet to finish improving it. c) migrate.

thats life :/ mine took 36hrs to finish Sad
shellsong
Grafter

If a large proportion of your usage is downloads you might be able to stick with BB+ and not get clobbered if you can schedule your downloading to occur during offpeak because allegedly that doesn't count towards the "woolly cap"! Wink
N/A

Hi Shellsong.

Whilst I think the vast majority is general web browsing, I think I may be able to save a few MB here and there (windows updates, game patches etc..) by downloading off peak.

What are the peak // off peak hours?
shellsong
Grafter

As I understand it offpeak for BB+ is midnight to 8am (see http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37853 ).
I don't know whether that helps at all, it is rumoured that the BB+ "management" starts at about 5GB during the so-called peak time.
Sorry I can't be more helpful!
N/A

No worries. It's not your fault PN is being so vague about everything. As usual.

Cheers for the help Wink